A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6dd728c1dddcf25f2468cc547fa5300a.jpg

Mroning, Scrappalapplelopolous and scrapple's friends. [emoji238][emoji482]. Having a little morning shot (or 2) of scotch before heading out to a 4 yr old bday at some kind of jungle-gym place in about 30 mins (not driving...). My own 4 yr old's party was last weekend at our house, so at least I can chill and just watch him run around today. And tomorrow bottling up my first stout attempt. Cheerio

Automobiles, otherwise known as Entropy at it's Finest!

93 Jeep, symptom; No spark to plugs, out of the blue.

Action: measured about 9.5V going to coil. Measured fuses good. Replaced coil, wires, distributor cap, rotor, ignition switch, shutdown and starter relays, and finally PCM computer module.

Results: Same, exact same fracking floccing symptom.

Next course of action: Beer, lots of it!
------
Moving onto the Toyota. Completed scraping gasket material for water pump and head gaskets. Starting rebuild process. ETA..2 weeks.

Other actions: Beer and lots of it. Starting with this Austin legend.

View attachment 1472322973125.jpg

Oh, lets not forget the '78 Ford my son wrecked. Starts fine, just hood and front end work needed.
Action: rumors I can get $4,000 as is. Might put that to the test. Had to chug last beer for new pic!😉

96 Jeep: Informed 2 days ago wipers and new the ac fans stopped working.

Action: the car runs, don't give a ****!

We have 1 fully working vehicle, it's mine. 2003 explorer Eddie Bauer greatest vehicle ever owned. Easy to maintain. Doubles as a truck. Can fit 10ft boards and 800lbs concrete.

View attachment 1472323438141.jpg

Working hard today @PianoMan! I made it home alive from the kids party. Ate a bunch of pizza, moving on to some beer. Kind of inconsiderate they didn't have any at the party. [emoji16]Definitely going to be as lazy as possible for the rest of the day.

Automobiles, otherwise known as Entropy at it's Finest!

93 Jeep, symptom; No spark to plugs, out of the blue.

Action: measured about 9.5V going to coil. Measured fuses good. Replaced coil, wires, distributor cap, rotor, ignition switch, shutdown and starter relays, and finally PCM computer module.

Results: Same, exact same fracking floccing symptom.

Next course of action: Beer, lots of it!
------
Moving onto the Toyota. Completed scraping gasket material for water pump and head gaskets. Starting rebuild process. ETA..2 weeks.

Other actions: Beer and lots of it. Starting with this Austin legend.

Action on jeep, jack up radiator cap and put new motor under it ... :rockin:

Pianoman hope you find that ignition issue out. Rebuild looks like its coming along. Wife's brakes and golf. Had to go primal on rusted on rotor. Played really well today considering started with double and bogey on 1 and 2. Finished 4 over.

PianoMan made me feel lazy, so I bottled my stout today. Quite chocolatey and 6.5%, and nice notes of coffee and roast. Really, reeally wanted to make up a bourbon tincture with coffee, vanilla and oak, but being my 1st stout, thought I'd see how the base comes out.

Jealous of all the golfing you get in, Apple! Tore a tendon in my left wrist - getting a splint tomorrow and and MRI later in the week. Just getting into nice weather golf season (sort of...not all of us are floating around on cloud 9 in cool weather CO!) - and not too hopeful I'll be playing any rounds any time soon. But there's still beer!! [emoji482][emoji466]️🏌

Haha. Yes, I mean no...maybe...

Romo fan, but dude seriously just needs to retire and have some quality of life before he's 40 something and too broken to move.

Brewin..hope you get better, that sounds painful. But at least your brewing. I've emptied and put cleaner in all the kegs for now. Need to focus on other things so will be living through others for a while...@Applescrap!

Reading this mechanics essay on our vehicle. Says it's a bad coil. I replaced it first thing tho, possibly a bad one so ordering another from different vendor. What's another $20?

I am not surprised with electronic parts being dead out of the box. Happens even with the OEM parts more than I feel should be happening. Really make you wonder who makes the $800 ECM when it is DOA.

I am not surprised with electronic parts being dead out of the box. Happens even with the OEM parts more than I feel should be happening. Really make you wonder who makes the $800 ECM when it is DOA.

I think it's a FedEx/UPS conspiracy. They are the one's who truly benefit.

Back