A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to brew a clone. Hell, I want to brew. My panel has been under repair for a bit. :( I suppose it is all by design since I can't really lift a lot right now. I'm frustrated that my stuff just sits.

More coffee. I've taken to laying around in bed until 11 the last two days. What a waste of a day but I really like the idea of dozing off whenever. I need to get up and go to the market. I came home to no food in the house (thanks Mama Hello) and a serious lack of hair product. :D

Lol... Made one of those for my daughter this morning. Crazy.

Rye pale keg sample... Tasty.

View attachment 345695

Dude, so good! Gonna be a weekend staple for me now.

Mash is rolling, paperwork filled out, bout to go get more water since I really wasn't planning to brew until last night. Gonna be a nice brewday at 55 degrees and sunny.

Brewing up an impromptu saison today. Bout to shower/heat strike water after having one of the best breakfasts I've even cooked or probably had anywhere. Breakfast quesadilla! Took two fried/scrambled almost cooked eggs and put that on top of a layer of shredded pepper jack, then topped the eggs with sliced chipotle chicken and more cheese. Absolutely incredible. Why is this not more common?!
View attachment 345689

Because it would be way easier to eat if it was a burrito?:D

Guessing you already bottled. But if the pellicle is that developed, esp in a carboy where you should have less oxygen, AND it tastes good I'm Guessing youd be ok. Depends on how long it say though. I would've gone easy on the carb levels for sure

I've had uninte tional sours 2 ways. One where it Definitely seemed to be on its way to sourville. And 2 others that just tasted off. Weird tangy off flavors in the finish, likely due to me stubbornly ignoring my water profile. Definitely not Brett or lacto flavors developing since I seem to enjoy those. Adding a souring blend for a few months fixed every one of them. If you like sours though

Yeah it's all bottled up. Tasted just fine. Slightly tart. I'm wondering if my slurry wasn't infected all along, all three batches I've brewed off if it have been seriously tart. No pellicles though. If it turns out I'll send you a couple.

Guessing you already bottled. But if the pellicle is that developed, esp in a carboy where you should have less oxygen, AND it tastes good I'm Guessing youd be ok. Depends on how long it say though. I would've gone easy on the carb levels for sure

I've had uninte tional sours 2 ways. One where it Definitely seemed to be on its way to sourville. And 2 others that just tasted off. Weird tangy off flavors in the finish, likely due to me stubbornly ignoring my water profile. Definitely not Brett or lacto flavors developing since I seem to enjoy those. Adding a souring blend for a few months fixed every one of them. If you like sours though

While I'm busting balls this morning, adding brett/lacto to bad beer doesn't make good beer.

I'm beyond still drunk this morning.
Man oh man am I hurting lol. We closed out at the place and went to a second location till close. I almost broke into a taco bell and went streaking.

Yeesh. How many people? 4? Still, it hurts looking at it.

Mosaic Pale and dispensary series DIPA.

View attachment 1458494167415.jpg

Still sipping coffee and watching preseason baseball. Supposed to be 80* today, really wish I were brewing. The grains are sitting in the garage mocking me.

Took an orange off the tree in the backyard, it's the kids favorite toy right now.

Man oh man am I hurting lol. We closed out at the place and went to a second location till close. I almost broke into a taco bell and went streaking.

Yum, wings and fried pickles. :D

Sunday Morning Stout while finishing up some dishes. About to head out and play some baseball with the kids.

View attachment 1458495745256.jpg

Those ghosts haunt me to this day.

@blizzard did you drink yours yet?

Had it a couple months ago. It actually wasn't bad. No off flavors, but also no cherries and not that sour either. Pretty boring overall.

Is that just you? Is it possible for one person to drink that in one night?

It's floccing hot here, but we went on a cool trip this morning.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1458496042.226692.jpg

@slym, apparently rye is just one tough sob. Pretty much none of it was crush coming from the LHBS. Then my blender couldn't really do much either. Expecting poor efficiency. Might mash for 90 mins to see if it helps. Chill brew day, so the extra time won't kill me.

It really is an almost literal tough nut to crack. About killed my POS blender. I am getting ready to go back to the HB store to get it crushed for tonight's brew, just PKU'ing here first.

Good luck, man!

It really is an almost literal tough nut to crack. About killed my POS blender. I am getting ready to go back to the HB store to get it crushed for tonight's brew, just PKU'ing here first.

Good luck, man!

Put it in a Baggie and smack it with a rolling pin or meat mallet. Or a rubber hammer.

I was too tipsy to express this to you last night.

Icy Bay IPA at the park. looking park there. IPA looks like tea. Good call.

View attachment 345714
Good looking park there. IPA looks like tea. Good call.

It's floccing hot here, but we went on a cool trip this morning.
View attachment 345718

is that view from "Christ The Redeemer" hill? Rio has such a spectacular setting. Jealous as flock. Have "Her name is Rio" in my head now.

south-park-s03e15c08-santa-and-jesus-16x9.jpg

Just turned the heat on to boil. Having chefrex's bretted saison bottled 10/16/15. This is really good chef! Really loving the orange color it has too.
View attachment 345721

That is a beautiful looking beer, day and brewing setup. Such a colorful picture. The orange of the beer, the blue sky and fluffy clouds. Great image, says it all about the mood that would put you in.

Was at the zoo this morning. Cold and sunny day here. Checked my IPA from yesterday this morning. I'd forgotten how amazing IPAs smell when they are fermenting.

I love the smell of hops in the morning (apparently).

20 hours fermentation.jpg

is that view from "Christ The Redeemer" hill? Rio has such a spectacular setting. Jealous as flock. Have "Her name is Rio" in my head now.

No, that's in Tijuca forest at a lookout called Chinese view. You can't see it because of the clouds (and zoom level), but Christ the Redeemer is at the top of the tall mountain on the left in that photo.

Had this with lunch.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1458499576.949354.jpg

No, that's in Tijuca forest at a lookout called Chinese view. You can't see it because of the clouds (and zoom level), but Christ the Redeemer is at the top of the tall mountain on the left in that photo.

Had this with lunch.
View attachment 345730

Sure does like the weather to be enjoying a Cerveja Pilsen (whatever the hell that is). My Brazilian is not as good as my Mexican unfortunately.

Grapefruit Sculpin after taking the kid and dag on a walk. Had a stray dog following my dog, was getting ready to give it a good kick when it got the hint and took off.

That is a beautiful looking beer, day and brewing setup. Such a colorful picture. The orange of the beer, the blue sky and fluffy clouds. Great image, says it all about the mood that would put you in.

Mood has been very relaxed today, couldnt ask for anything else on sunday/brewday. First full batch of beer on my new igloo mash tun with false bottom seemed went smoothly. I did a 2.5 gallon test batch on it a couple weeks back that was frustrating since i couldn't vorlauf enough and add it back before the bed collapsed. Today has been fantastic though

Back