A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on now, no politics outside the debate threads. Dont want this place becoming unfriendly for anyone. :D

I'm just glad you know who isn't abel to run again. That way we don't have to see 15 threads started each day saying pretty much the same thing:
"Did you know (current president) homebrews? He's handing bottles out on the campaign trail. I didn't know this, so I'm assuming no one knows this already and there haven't already been 20 threads about this exact same thing in the past 10 minutes. Although, he has exactly nothing to do with the brewing, bottling, or anything and his kitchen staff takes care of all of it, he's a homebrewer and this makes me feel good and adds legitimacy to my hobby!"

I'm just glad you know who isn't abel to run again. That way we don't have to see 15 threads started each day saying pretty much the same thing:
"Did you know (current president) homebrews? He's handing bottles out on the campaign trail. I didn't know this, so I'm assuming no one knows this already and there haven't already been 20 threads about this exact same thing in the past 10 minutes. Although, he has exactly nothing to do with the brewing, bottling, or anything and his kitchen staff takes care of all of it, he's a homebrewer and this makes me feel good and adds legitimacy to my hobby!"

Racist. #reported

All accurate.

Except his fact-checker missed the part where I transitioned from glass carboys to buckets so I can just dump the hot wort in.

Probably wouldn't work so well on a 10 gal batch though... need to get a fitting on my kettle.

Trump is a BIAB'r, no chills and uses glass carboys. Rumor has it, he doesn't even have temp controls... just wraps his carboys in wet towels with box fans pointed at them. Unbelievable.

The preferred term is SVB'er

How horrible of you to lump us in with MIAB'ers

Reported for being insensitive to the vesselly challenged among us.

You see what politics can do. It's tearing at the very fabric of the friendly thread if not our strong voile sacs.

cryingbateman.gif~c200

You see what politics can do. It's tearing at the very fabric of the friendly thread if not our strong voile sacs.

I didn't understand most of this but I will offer a sincere apology. What I do understand are .gifs, and that guy looks mega sad. Sorry buddy :(

cryingbateman.gif~c200

Isnt that from American Psycho? Or one of his other films

I don't use his name either. He's worse than Voldemort in my book.

All accurate.

Except his fact-checker missed the part where I transitioned from glass carboys to buckets so I can just dump the hot wort in.

Probably wouldn't work so well on a 10 gal batch though... need to get a fitting on my kettle.

Just get you one of those fancy wands @galvin c keeps trying to push on you.

Psylo is upgrade-talk immune. I'm shocked to hear him speak of a spigot instal. Shocked.

Yeah, I need it... I'm tired of dumping the wort in the bucket. It's like, super awkward to handle.

Also, if I had a spigot, I'd just open it up and let it drain into the bucket right after flameout... wasn't really an option with the glass carboys, and my autosiphon can't handle those temps, I'm sure.

Stupid hobby anyway.

Burning the living hell out of my mouth on homemade chicken noodle soup. It's so good.. trying to decide whether or not to fight urges and go home after work or go get shirtfaced with my buddies. Feels too good to be a Thursday.

I might brew a session IPA this weekend, despite hating that name. Is Simcoe, Amarillo, and Nelson a strange and/or disgusting combo? How much Nelson is too much? For whirlpool and dry hop additions I'm think of a Simcoe:Amarillo:Nelson ratio of 2:2:1.

I might brew a session IPA this weekend, despite hating that name. Is Simcoe, Amarillo, and Nelson a strange and/or disgusting combo? How much Nelson is too much? For whirlpool and dry hop additions I'm think of a Simcoe:Amarillo:Nelson ratio of 2:2:1.

I dont see why not. Instead of session IPA you can just say Pale ale... or IPA light (or lite). I think modern times use nelson in some of their IPAs

I just received 2oz of nelson to experiment with since I have never brewed with them before. What would be the best beer or method to use those in?

I just received 2oz of nelson to experiment with since I have never brewed with them before. What would be the best beer or method to use those in?

Saison, hop stand
Then buy more for dry hopping.

2 oz? Lol... flush them down the toilet?

BK made an all nelson pale that was pretty nice... much fruitier than most of the descriptions would lead you to believe.

The whole family got sick for Xmas. We even got the Grandparents in on the fun!

Drinking coffee, studying for a stupid state licensing exam tomorrow. If I pass, I have 1 more for a promotion. If I don't, nothing happens. Really lacking motivation. Especially since I'm looking for a new job.

We had the same thing....

started with the 2yo on xmas eve and got us all including grandparents and aunts by new years.

HOHOHOHO

****ing FedEx... deliver at 9:45 like clockwork all year round, beermail day... all that **** goes out the window.

I dont see why not. Instead of session IPA you can just say Pale ale... or IPA light (or lite). I think modern times use nelson in some of their IPAs

Yeah, I'll get over the name thing as long as it tastes good.

Eh, what the hell. I've got everything to make it. I may as well give it a shot.

Saison, hop stand
Then buy more for dry hopping.

saison was my first thought. wanted to ask the "experienced" though.

2 oz? Lol... flush them down the toilet?

BK made an all nelson pale that was pretty nice... much fruitier than most of the descriptions would lead you to believe.

I felt like an idiot once I got all these other pounds and half pounds of hops and then only ordered 2oz on those. I was already at $70 of hops though.

****ing FedEx... deliver at 9:45 like clockwork all year round, beermail day... all that **** goes out the window.

First rule of beer trading: Fedex is always late on delivery day.

Second rule: drain pour all SADjockey's clown beer.

saison was my first thought. wanted to ask the "experienced" though.

I felt like an idiot once I got all these other pounds and half pounds of hops and then only ordered 2oz on those. I was already at $70 of hops though.

Small batch SMASH, use saison yeast if you want.

Used some Nelson as a late addition in a Session IPA that turned out well. Earlier additions of Falconers and Centennial, Chinook for bittering.

Back