A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*blocked*

fuu-rage-guy-o.gif

I would not have met you bunch of jerks had I not started following the what are you pretending to be drinking thread in the first place.

You're getting your point across, which is the same as mine, a lot easier than I am. Thank you. I'm tired of being ostrich sized for whatever reason. I didn't even give a damn about what anyone was drinking, why? Because give me three guesses, depending on the time of day, I could probably tell you what one of these jerks was drinking. I only went there to pass time and talk to everyone, like we all did.. aside from a select few that thought their specific beer mattered.

you gotta peal to your base if you want this thread to blossom and leaving folks to wonder in years to come what is it you are currently up to).

In that case... stick around for a while bud.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dA6plQFKzY[/ame]

Will I get in trouble if I post a picture of what I'm drinking here?

Sorry if the jokes been made but I'm not reading 9 pages..

In that case... stick around for a while bud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dA6plQFKzY

You just racisted me I think? (takes an eternity to open on my 3G phone so I'm going to go ahead and be preemptively offended)

I'd report you only I can't bring myself to click a non-shamrock shaped icon.

Next you'll be making spaghetti sauce with meat and calling it Dakotini or something equally tatseless (but delicious)

Anyone else completely jumping ship from the thread of which we do not speak? I, for one, am not going to BS in this thread and then post what I'm drinking in another thread. So, you're going to have to deal with some very off topic beverage pictures every now and then. That is, if I'm not already on everyone's ignore list.

About ready to break out some booze too I think

My god. You weren't kidding... you ordered that many tots and you couldn't even buy a bottle of ketchup!? Dude.

Anyone else completely jumping ship from the thread of which we do not speak?

Yes. It's all awkward over there now. Going to be a shame for the people that missed what was going on.

My god. You weren't kidding... you ordered that many tots and you couldn't even buy a bottle of ketchup!? Dude.

Its on the other side of the table. The rest of the condiments are coming from the fridge (IE hot sauce)
We have two bags of fries, each with four large orders.
No more work will be done today lol

Yes. It's all awkward over there now. Going to be a shame for the people that missed what was going on.

Probably afraid it would be reported as a beverage he wasn't drinking. That's out in any thread I'm guessing.

Ahhh....breathe it in fellas. Nothing like that new thread smell. The other thread just smelled of stale homebrew, hurt feelings, and the tears of the ignored. Can't wait to see how many miles we can get out of this baby.

Coffee. Cleaning. Reveling in my own genius at what seemed to be the most obvious solution to a a non-problem.

Wifey wants drinks with lunch. Everything's coming up Milhouse!

I think the point is that we want this to be, what we thought the previous place was. So, yeah. Unless its a gose. Goses are for the hipsters.

Yeah, I almost posted that I was having coffee there followed by some words about stuff. Don't want to be in trouble so here I be. I enjoy the banter too much to just look at pictures of beer I can't buy.

Avoiding work until my wife calls with news about our son. He has a Dr appointment after being sick all weekend and really never being 100% for like a month.

Care to place bets on how long it takes this thread to surpass the post count of the other?

The sad part is that our joking around made that thread what it was, and is one of the reasons it was hands down one of the longest running/most posted threads on HBT (after the Tap Room glitch, maybe even the longest running period). Shame to start over.

@pappers_

Thanks. I think this is indeed a win-win situation for all users of the forum. Everyone has the thread they want to post to. I like the new one.

I liked the old one too as it was, but I won't use it now in it's redundant state. Seems to be doing the same job as the "post a picture of your pint" thread.

Thanks again for smoothing out this wrinkle in the HBT force.

May the new thread live long and prosper. (Trying to keep all nerds involved)

I enjoy the banter too much to just look at pictures of beer I can't buy.

You can go get some info on that beer you can't buy though. Knowing is half the battle or something like that. Hope son is okay. My ear randomly 'plugged' three days ago, all I can hear is muffled static. Tried everything to get it to pop or go back to normal. Nothing. Really don't want to pay a doctor to slap me in the face and fix it for $500.

One last coffee for the day. Not sure how people can't make a pot without having grounds in it.

Anyone else completely jumping ship from the tread of which we do not speak? I, for one, am not going to BS in this thread and then post what I'm drinking in another thread. So, you're going to have to deal with some very off topic beverage pictures every now and then. That is, if I'm not already on everyone's ignore list.

Already unsubscribed, still shows up in my feed though :(

I hope my comment there wasn't seen as a threat. I am going to have a hard time changing my ways completely and expect a little OT to happen regardless.

I like it here (HBT) but things have gotten... tense recently. The dynamic has changed a little. Then again the forum is a living creature and will evolve. Maybe I have just changed and everything has stayed the same. I dunno. I am rambling.

ramble ramble ramble.

I hope my comment there wasn't seen as a threat. I am going to have a hard time changing my ways completely and expect a little OT to happen regardless.

I like it here (HBT) but things have gotten... tense recently. The dynamic has changed a little. Then again the forum is a living creature and will evolve. Maybe I have just changed and everything has stayed the same. I dunno. I am rambling.

ramble ramble ramble.

Nope, you're right. Something definitely went south. I live my real and Internet lives completely drama free, so I didn't notice where or when it happened, until last night.

I'm going to turn into pure energy if I don't lay off the coffee today.

Nope, you're right. Something definitely went south. I live my real and Internet lives completely drama free, so I didn't notice where or when it happened, until last night.

I've noticed a little discontent stirring over the spam issues, but it didn't seem like it was bleeding through into the other threads until now.

Methinks hunters blocking may be a farce... Cant trust anyone to block you properly nowadays. Sheesh.

I'm going to turn into pure energy if I don't lay off the coffee today.

Regardless. I am happy for the time I have spent here. This is the longest I have participated in any online forum. And that is why I like it here. My membership has changed over the years. Initially it was all about figuring out if and how I was screwing up my beer, then it got to learning new stuff about it and asking questions about how to improve things, then I met people and started getting mental pictures of who different people are and the off topic dynamic as well as sense of humor. I will admit I dont actively seek out new threads like I used to. But that is the beauty of this forum and how large and encompassing it is.

Then again, some off topic tears can be annoying (like the economics one).

I've noticed a little discontent stirring over the spam issues, but it didn't seem like it was bleeding through into the other threads until now.

Maybe. I have a theory about over moderation and general lack of perspective but I'll keep that one to myself.

Methinks hunters blocking may be a farce... Cant trust anyone to block you properly nowadays. Sheesh.

Regardless. I am happy for the time I have spent here. This is the longest I have participated in any online forum. And that is why I like it here. My membership has changed over the years. Initially it was all about figuring out if and how I was screwing up my beer, then it got to learning new stuff about it and asking questions about how to improve things, then I met people and started getting mental pictures of who different people are and the off topic dynamic as well as sense of humor. I will admit I dont actively seek out new threads like I used to. But that is the beauty of this forum and how large and encompassing it is.

Then again, some off topic tears can be annoying (like the economics one).

I've learned the best brewing tips from that thread, also had a great time sharing in daily adventures beyond the bottom of a glass. Since that thread must be devoted entirely to pictures of cups, I'll move on to here. You bastards are the best drinking buddies Ive had beyond my wife since the military

I've learned the best brewing tips from that thread, also had a great time sharing in daily adventures beyond the bottom of a glass. Since that thread must be devoted entirely to pictures of cups, I'll move on to here. You bastards are the best drinking buddies Ive had beyond my wife since the military

This. Minus the wife and military. She's a fun drunk though, but my baby sister is a better drinker.

ramble ramble ramble.

I agree. The moderators and administrators noticed it last spring and talked a lot about it. What we thought was that the off-topic stuff was spilling over into the technical forums to the poitn where new members were being discouraged and the tone of the forums was changing for the negative.

Also, this happens occasionally on the forum - sometimes members who have been here a while get a little jaded and start to misbehave and either decide to leave or are shown the door. Its cyclical and as you say, the forum evolves.

Here's the thread from last spring https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=528856

I agree. The moderators and administrators noticed it last spring and talked a lot about it. What we thought was that the off-topic stuff was spilling over into the technical forums to the poitn where new members were being discouraged and the tone of the forums was changing for the negative.

Also, this happens occasionally on the forum - sometimes members who have been here a while get a little jaded and start to misbehave and either decide to leave or are shown the door. Its cyclical and as you say, the forum evolves.

Here's the thread from last spring https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=528856

Yeah I remember that one. I agree that drift in the technical forums should a a no-no. I also remember the last time(s) the what are you drinking was locked. Can't say I liked the way it happened that time but I understand. The crowd there has changed too since then. People join up and people depart. Usually due to stuff like that. I used to post my drinks more often than I do now, but tend to get too lazy to post a picture of the same beer a few times in a row every night until I finish the keg or 6 pack and now actually get most of my HBT time in while sober at work.

Such is life. Only time will tell how it all works out.

Back