7lb co2 tank?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gustavo

Reaction score
Was wondering if any one has ever used or is using one. They are longer and skinny and blueish.

Check to make sure your LHBS or gas exchange place will refill them. I was about to buy one because of the price, but luckily I called beforehand because my local gas exchange wouldn't have exchanged it.

I called my local Air Gas and they said they'd exchange it for a 5lb aluminum, I asked if I could pay the difference and upgrade to 10lb, he said he'd do it for the cost of gas.

These cylinders from Beverage Elements are $40 shipped to me, then $15 exchange gets me a full 10lb aluminum cyl for $55. I ordered one this morning.

We don't have any refill places locally, only exchange, so for me to buy a new 5lb retail for $60, I'd still have to exchange it with a full used one for $15.

remember they need to be used standing up, so you will have to build a holder of some sort. other than that they seem to be a good deal and would work just like any other tank. its just an odd size.

Back