75 F. too high?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian211

Reaction score
Just brewed a fat tire clone sat night. It's been about 48 hours and the temp went up to 75F. I couldn't get it down. My window is open and it's getting colder so I should be able to get it back down to 68-70 sometime tonight. Is this gonna give my beer a bad taste?!

It's going to make your beer taste not as good as it could be. Will it taste "bad"? Probably not bad, but there may be something going on in there. High fermentation temp will yield some more fruity flavors and esters than a low and steady fermentation would. If it's really bad you might get some hotter alcohol notes but that tends to happen with the bigger gravity brews.

Overall, you'll be ok. Do some budgeting and think about a fermentation freezer or fridge. If that's not in the cards look up swamp cooler information to help keep fermentation temps in line.

Just brewed a fat tire clone sat night. It's been about 48 hours and the temp went up to 75F. I couldn't get it down. My window is open and it's getting colder so I should be able to get it back down to 68-70 sometime tonight. Is this gonna give my beer a bad taste?!

What yeast did you use? That will make a large difference.

Back