6 kegs..what to fill them with?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierGut

Reaction score
I'm bored at work, it's Friday and it's possible that I'll be picking up a few extra kegs this Sunday. So of course I'm wondering what am I going to brew? I'll have 6 kegs and I want to lager a few beers before Spring so I'm thinking 3 lagers and 3 ales. What should I brew for keg #6?

Lagers:
Keg#1-Rauchbier
Keg#2-Dopplebock
Keg#3-Bohemian Pilsner

Ales:
Keg#4-Milk Stout
Keg#5-IPA/Pale Ale
Keg#6-???

Yeah I just checked out the recipe section and was leaning toward a wheat or a belgain...or maybe a belgain wheat? OK thanks that settles it, something belgain. You win a 22oz. bottle when it's finished.

This is what i'm building towards:

1. Pilsner or Pale Lager
2. Dortmunder (lagering now)
3. Marzen / O'fest (fermenting now)
4. Amber Ale
5. Pale Ale (making IPL in 2 weeks)
6. Boozy Hop Bomb
7. Empty Keg ready for new batch.

This is what i'm building towards:

1. Pilsner or Pale Lager
2. Dortmunder (lagering now)
3. Marzen / O'fest (fermenting now)
4. Amber Ale
5. Pale Ale (making IPL in 2 weeks)
6. Boozy Hop Bomb
7. Empty Keg ready for new batch.

Kind of similar to my list. Just fill #7 with a stout.

I can tell you what I have in my kegerator.. maybe that will help:

IPA
Munich Dunkel
Schwartzbier
Gluten Free Light Lager (for my dad)
Breakfast Stout
Cream Ale

I have 2 empty Kegs, I will either fill both with Helles, or do 1 helles and 1 (Martzen or Bock)

So I've seen people on here say to new home brewers, "welcome to the obsession". This is very true. I was obsessed after my first batch 3 or 4 years ago and it's just getting worse. I'm building a bar in the basement, a hop trellis in the backyard, starting a solera for sours, have a dedicated cold storage room for aging beer and I spend an awful lot of time on HBT. What a fun hobby this has turned out to be, and at the end of the day I have beer too.:D

On tap right now I have:
1. Blonde Ale
2. Cream Ale w/ Hatch Chiles
3. Imperial Porter
4. Belgian Dubble

I really need to get something hoppy going. Next weekend the wife and kids will be out of town, I think I'll knock out an American Brown and RyePA. I have a fifth keg and room for it in the keezer, but I like having a keg full of Starsan.

Back