6 gallon kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwjames47

Reaction score
I have been trying to find a source for a 6 gallon Corny style keg, my equipment is best suited to 6 gallon batches. Does anyone know of a source for this size of keg?

I have not seen any corny style kegs in this size. I agree it would be nice to have one, as many of us end up with 5.5 to 6 gal when making a batch. Keep searching. For now, just bottle anything over 5 gals. Cheers!

I got a couple of the 2.5G kegs when they were on sale. Works great, any extra beer goes in one of them.

You can just carb and drink normally, or what I end up doing with most is experiment. Blend two styles. Add fruit or oak cubes to a style you wouldn't normally. Dilute to a session beer, or try freeze concentration. Add some extract and ferment up a bigger beer. Carb to a much higher volume CO2 and compare. Spices, extracts, liqueurs, with or without fermenting out the sugar. Bourbon in a stout, white wine in a pale ale. Go nuts.

Some of the best beer I've made has come from them. And some of the worst, but hey, it's not a full batch you're dumping.

I got a couple of the 2.5G kegs when they were on sale. Works great, any extra beer goes in one of them.

You can just carb and drink normally, or what I end up doing with most is experiment. Blend two styles. Add fruit or oak cubes to a style you wouldn't normally. Dilute to a session beer, or try freeze concentration. Add some extract and ferment up a bigger beer. Carb to a much higher volume CO2 and compare. Spices, extracts, liqueurs, with or without fermenting out the sugar. Bourbon in a stout, white wine in a pale ale. Go nuts.

Some of the best beer I've made has come from them. And some of the worst, but hey, it's not a full batch you're dumping.

Hey, that's a great idea! :D Let me know next time you hear of any going on sale. :)

Two 3 gallon kegs could do the job - at a price.

Or just keg 5 gallons and fill a few bombers with the leftovers, for later.

Latest posts

Back