6-days-incubation-starter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonArmando

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i planned to brew a Hoegaarden clone this monday but i had some issues that forced me to move it on this saturday 18.
I made my starter on sunday 12, so it will be incubating until the weekend.
I was wondering if somethig bad could happen to the yeast.....
What do you think about this?
:mug:

Stick it in the fridge. On brew day, take it out and let it come up to room temperature, decant the beer off the top, and pitch it.

Err....i made my starter in a 1 gal bottle...seems it won't fit the fridge.....
Hypotetically, what if i leave it at room temperature (23 C) for 6 days?

Just a thought.

What happens to yeast in your beer in the fermentor, after a week, two weeks, three weeks?

Nothing.

You rack your beer off it right? You rack a new beer onto that yeast cake right? It ferments and tastes great right?

It is fine, it is 6 days.

I dont treat my starters any different than, well, beer... because that is what it is.

Thanks guys, i really appreciate your efforts!

BTW, just another thought: CPVC doesn't exist in Italy, it is possible to order it from the US???? I want to build a nice MLT system

DO they have SS false bottoms? What will it cost to shop CPVC to ITALY?

Id get something local.

Thanks guys, i really appreciate your efforts!

BTW, just another thought: CPVC doesn't exist in Italy, it is possible to order it from the US???? I want to build a nice MLT system

Do you have a source for copper tubing or even the stainless steel hot water supply lines? They make a fine separation medium for an MLT.

Mmmm.....i should try that copper tubings.......but i imagine they're quite expensive!
What about food-grade silicone tubing?

edit: i just talked to a laboratory near here which sells teflon tubings (they are very resiliant, food grade)
i believe i'll use these as medium in my MLT

Back