6-8oz bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gfolla

Reaction score
I'm looking to bottle some beer in 6 to 8oz bottles. I also thought it would be nice to bottle my sons root beer in these sizes as he often only drinks about half a bottle and we dump out the rest. Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase some bottles of this size? I've done a million searches but not having much luck.

Thanks in advance...

Greg

I'm looking to bottle some beer in 6 to 8oz bottles. I also thought it would be nice to bottle my sons root beer in these sizes as he often only drinks about half a bottle and we dump out the rest. Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase some bottles of this size? I've done a million searches but not having much luck.

Thanks in advance...

Greg

Look for 7oz Champagne bottles. I was able to get my local wine supply store to order a 24 pack case for around $24. I looked around a few Spanish Grocery stores for malta or soda bottles like many people on this forum recommended but they were all screw top.

BlakeL said:
Look for 7oz Champagne bottles. I was able to get my local wine supply store to order a 24 pack case for around $24. I looked around a few Spanish Grocery stores for malta or soda bottles like many people on this forum recommended but they were all screw top.

I did see those online but was hoping for more of beer style bottles. I may have to settle for those though. I was thinking of heading to my local liquor store and see if they have any beers sold in smaller ounces. Thanks for the reply.

I use a lot of 8 oz Coke bottles. They have them at the walmarts and such around here. The label melts right off with a bit of spray-on paint-stripper.

The one on the left is glass and is 6oz takes a crown and can also accept #7 wine corks. This is my LHBS and they have a website

http://www.wineandcake.com/search.htm

Search 187 ml and it'll show up. The're $29 for 24.

image-3313229718.jpg

Depending on what you're bottling and where you can store it, corona has mini bottles. They'd be definitely good for root beer and as long as you can keep them out of the light they'll work for beer too. I usually fill a couple of them each batch to use as testers and haven't had any problems.

Back