5-Star PBW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darwin18

Reaction score
This is more of a product endorsement than a company review, however I recently purchased a large container of 5-Star's P.B.W. over Christmas. Fact sheet is here:

http://www.fivestarchemicals.com/wp-content/uploads/PBWTech.pdf

I had seen numerous threads with people praising it but I thought at the time that it was just another cleaner. Wow, was I ever wrong. This stuff is AMAZING.

I used it quite a bit last week. Filled my sink up with hot water, put in some P.B.W., dropped in several bottles with labels and came back a few hours later to find that all the labels had fallen off. More importantly the glue had dissolved from the bottles. An added bonus - my sink and the strainer/plug look brand freaking new. Now my wife is happy!

I brewed a Kolsch this weekend as well. I rinsed out the kettle, then filled it with hot water, P.B.W. and my immersion chiller. A few hours later everything is clean and looks brand new.

I can't believe I'm this enthusiastic about a cleaning solution but I really am. This is well worth the cost.

+1
I just started using it to clean out my primary (I was using dish soap prior to that -- tsk, tsk, I know) and now my fermenter seems brand new!

Latest posts

Back