44L Round Bottom Flask Pyrex Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CyclotronBoy

Reaction score
Hey - new to the forum. I just finished my first batch in my home-made 44-L round bottom pyrex fermenter - the beer is awesome! My dad acquired a pyrex round bottom flask in the 70s, and has held on to it since. I decided to finally do something with it rather than let it collect dust in the corner. I documented it on my site - so I won't re-post it in it's entirety here, but I've attached a few photos.

I made a gimbal-mount for the flask about it's center of mass, then insulated it with blue-board insulation. Then I added the thermoelectric cooler module harvested from a wine fridge. Then I made a pilsner with it!

Check the project out here

tilt1_sized.jpg

trub.jpg

That is really cool. Never seen one that big before. Its a shame this is the only one that survived. :(

Yeah - it would have been great to have a primary and a secondary for racking, but oh well. Can't have everything! :D

Latest posts

Back