2x1500 w e brew system help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madmannvan

Reaction score
I want to have my hlt with 2 1500 watt elements controlled by a pid same as this diagram, except with 1500 watt elements not 2000watt ones. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1447353985.980351.jpg
But I also want to have a three way switch on both elements so I can flip to my boil kettle with 2 1500 watt elements but control it with a scr dial controller. Like this one. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1447354150.136976.jpg it is a 4000watt 50-220v controller.

My questions are can I run both elements threw this one dial or will I need two?

Do I need to control the element ssr with the dial or can I just put it in line on the power same as a switch?

I know next to nothing about electrical and could use any help you guys can give.

Cheers

why a pid and a pwm, pid should have pwm built in. and you should be able to wire ssr in series to be able to control both circuits with one pwm or one pid.

I have 2 120v 15A circuits to run the elements. I didn't think I'd be able to power both elements off one circuit with out tripping it.
I want the scr/pwm so I can have dial control over the boil kettle.

I want the pid for controlling my hlt/mash temp.

For the boil,
Is it possible to just run one element full power and just use the dial on the other element to just give the added power needed?

For the boil,
Is it possible to just run one element full power and just use the dial on the other element to just give the added power needed?

Yup. I had a 2x 1500w system before and did it that way (but adjusting via manual PID). Although for most cases both were ran full blast.

Sorry deleted i dont understand....4 elements right? Ran by one pid switched into 4 ssrs can this be done?

Latest posts

Back