$269 Conical too good to be true???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breez7

Reaction score
I was reading the most recent BYO and on page 43 there is an add for conical fermenters from Homebrew House Discount but it seems kinda sketchy, no website or anything. Just send your money and pray?

Has anyone gotten one of these? Go for it or too good to be true???

What website? There is not website listed in the add, just a mailing and an email address. I think he used to sell on ebay.

I was wondering the same thing. Great price buy can I trust it? Saw it in the magazine and went straight to here to finds answers. So if any one can help please do.

That is the guy. My brother in-law purchased one from him through ebay about a year ago. Its really nice and well made. I don't like the idea of just sending a check to an address and hoping for the best though. At least with ebay if you get ripped off there is a course of action you can take. I also find it odd that he has an add in BYO but none for sale on ebay. If there were some on ebay I would be bidding away.

There is a picture of it on my blog. The link is in my profile. I know everyone here knows what it looks like but the pics on my blog should give a better sense of scale.

Back