24 hours, no air bubbles.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xenomaniac

Reaction score
I'm making my third batch and using my new fridge for the first time, plus a new fermenter. I brewed just about 20 hours from now and not seeing any bubbles. I'm pretty sure it's my air lock because I was putting it into a new custom fermenter I made, I cracked it. I did seal the cracks with super glue and vaseline (pretty low budget but what I had at the time) but not expecting it to do much. I plan on getting a new one asap but alas, tomorrow is Easter and no one is open. Will I be ok for 48 -72 hours till I get a new one? Do I need to get a yeast activator kit?

I had a batch show no airlock activity at all and it turned out fine... The CO2 just escaped elsewhere (like a leak in the lid, crack in the airlock, etc...). Give it time and check gravity, that's the only way to really tell what's going on.

Relax it took 60 or so hours for my last batch to take off. Everything will be alright.

Latest posts

Back