22mm 3-Position Operator: OFF / A / A+B Source?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skidmark

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for some help here as my Google Fu skills are failing me ...

I'm looking for a 22mm 3-position lever operator with a OFF / A ON / A+B ON function. I can find plenty of A / OFF / B operators, but no joy on this one. FYI, it will be used to control a BIAB RIMS, so OFF (obvious) / PUMP ON / PUMP and HEAT ON. This way, I can't have heat enabled without the pump running. Sure, I could do it with two cascaded switches but panel real estate is tight.

Thanks!

Last edited:
You can do the same thing if you run a jumper from A to B so that A position only runs A, and B position runs A and B

You can do the same thing if you run a jumper from A to B so that A position only runs A, and B position runs A and B

I could, but I would prefer to not sweep through the OFF position making the pump stop/start. If I can't find one with the proper cam, I may have to make a cam. Still pondering the How of that.

Try putting an NC block on one side of an on/off/on three way switch, and an NO block on the other sided. (Remeber. with the switch in the center position, neither switch block is actuated.) The pump is switched with the NC block, and the RIMS element (thru a contactor) is switched with the NO block. Let's say that the NC block is on the A side, and the NO block is on the B side. With the switch in the A position, the NC block is actuated, the NC contacts will be open, and the pump will be off. With the switch in the center position, the NC block will not be actuated, the NC contacts will be closed, and the pump will be on. With the switch in the B position, the NC block will also not be actuated, the NC contacts will be closed, and the pump will still be on.

Brew on :mug:

Thanks! That was the idea that I was rolling around my skull last night by the fire. Hadn't sketched it out (my main form of thinking ...) yet, so thanks for the confirmation!

Now, if I can properly reassemble the operator I took apart when I was looking at the cam ...

Back