2016 hops by the pound

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samandbekah

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Looking for a good online store to buy hops by the pound for the 2016 crop preferably.

In particular, looking for leaf/whole cone hops in the Citra and Simcoe variety.

Thanks!!

Nikobrew has both by the pound. You may need to specify year of harvest if you are that picky. They are usually pretty chill about stuff.

Both varieties are sometimes hard to find. Not everyone has them even this early in the season.

Don't think you're going to find many 2016 hops on the market yet....the harvest wasn't that long ago, and it probably still going on in some places...

Yakima valley Hops is great. They currently have some 2016 Aussy and 2016 domestic cones. Domestic pellets should be available in a month or so

I called them today and they no longer sell directly to homebrewers.

What site do you use to buy from there? They used to be my go to...

I've ordered from Yakima Valley Hops within the last week - https://www.yakimavalleyhops.com/

They're adding new 2016 varieties all the time with it being harvest season. No Citra or Simcoe yet.

I did just order a pound of 2016 Citra cones from Hops Direct. Max order is a pound, or I would have bought more.

Thanks guys, got what I needed from hops direct and Yakima... Still struggling with the shipping costs though ugh

Thanks guys, got what I needed from hops direct and Yakima... Still struggling with the shipping costs though ugh

Don't know about Yakima Valley, but from Hops Direct the deal started to get a lot sweeter the more hops I bought. The Fedex shipping on the first 1-3 pounds was relatively high. I don't order less than 4 pounds, usually more. Maybe you can go in with another brewer or brew club.

Added:
Make sure to always deep freeze (or vacuum pack or nitro flush) your hops, they last the longest that way. I'm still using some hops from the 2012 harvest and they're as good as fresh ones. Once you open the bag and dispensed, squeeze all the air out while folding the flap over a few times and tape it shut to the bulky part.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back