2016 Dark Lord Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was surprised at the price change, I don't usually spend $40 on food and beer there (usually bringing my own, sharing etc, probably hit the taps twice, so $10) But in general I hope it makes the event go better.

I'm planning on trying for tickets this year, but I may only buy one ticket. Every year I've tried to get 2, so a friend of mine can come, but he is not always able to so I've been able to help another beer enthusiast get in for the cost of the ticket, but this year I can put $200 out just in case, plus I was reading you might have to fill in the name of the guest?

Anyway... I really want to meet up with HBT people this year, I didn't find anyone last year so I'm wondering if anyone would be up to share cell phone #'s on a protected google doc I set up? I'd add/invite folks that want to PM me their phone and google account. Anyone up for that?

-Dave

I'm also down to meet some of you guys. My best friend will be with me. He's not a home brewer but we will be bringing some awesome beer to share!

So, everyone get tickets? I got a pair in Group B, my wife also got a pair, but didn't pay attention to which group when she was checking out, and the confirmation email doesn't say, so i guess it will be a surprise when the tickets show up!

Got two tickets! Took two devices and the one I logged in on ten minutes later got tickets immediately. Weird :)

Same here. Had two laptops going, got in the que, waited ten minutes... Opened up my third laptop and got tickets right away while the first two sat in the que... Odd.

I'm going. Got my tickets using my phone while at another beer event. No idea what group I'm in but I really don't care. Anyone staying at the Hampton Inn in Munster?

Sweet, got a ticket for group B, not as easy for last year

If anyone wants to meet up feel free to PM me your name, email, and cell. I'll put together a google doc shared sheet that will only be shared with those in this thread that want to meet up on DLD 2016

Lookin to meet up with folks as I'm going stag this year and it is always fun to hang out with a few folks. I'll be bringing a Dark Lord from years past to share, and homebrew of course.

Sweet, got a ticket for group B, not as easy for last year

If anyone wants to meet up feel free to PM me your name, email, and cell. I'll put together a google doc shared sheet that will only be shared with those in this thread that want to meet up on DLD 2016

Lookin to meet up with folks as I'm going stag this year and it is always fun to hang out with a few folks. I'll be bringing a Dark Lord from years past to share, and homebrew of course.

I know it says backpacks are allowed as long as they don't have wheels. But it doesn't say anywhere you can't bring beer in... so my question to you. Are you for sure allowed to bring outside beer into the festival?

I know it says backpacks are allowed as long as they don't have wheels. But it doesn't say anywhere you can't bring beer in... so my question to you. Are you for sure allowed to bring outside beer into the festival?

Have always been able to in the past. If there is a change, I would expect it to be announced before long...

Last year I brought quite a bit of beer. They did search my backpack, and I had no problem getting the beer into the festival.

The backpack was very heavy, it was freezing, and it rained the entire time. I ended up leaving with some of my beer because there was so much other freaking beer around.

This year I'll bring less beer - especially since I'm getting $40 towards beer and food as part of the ticket.

Last year I brought quite a bit of beer. They did search my backpack, and I had no problem getting the beer into the festival.

The backpack was very heavy, it was freezing, and it rained the entire time. I ended up leaving with some of my beer because there was so much other freaking beer around.

This year I'll bring less beer - especially since I'm getting $40 towards beer and food as part of the ticket.

I'm hoping for a nice day this year!

I have a similar story. I walked out of the building with a Vanilla Bean bottle a year or two ago, just 20 feet from the table where i paid $50 for it. Someone standing right outside the door asked me what variant i got, I told him, he offered me $200, i said no, he offered $250, i said no. My thought was that I wanted the bottle, didn't want to sell it, i wasn't even really listening to the $ involved. As i walked away, i said to my friend "did I really just turn down $250 for a bottle of beer I paid $50 for two minutes earlier?"

And that bottle is just sitting along with a bunch of other bottles of beer in my cellar right now.

Side note to that story.... I was your mule that got the ticket for that bottle... And I almost sold it to him for you... Good thing you hung around while I went through the variant line!

Sorry if this has been brought up, not reading all of this on my phone, but is anyone having/going to a bottle share, and if so, would you be interested in a few more people? I may stop by the one I went to last year with 70 people, but wondering if anyone else will be hanging out.

Sorry if this has been brought up, not reading all of this on my phone, but is anyone having/going to a bottle share, and if so, would you be interested in a few more people? I may stop by the one I went to last year with 70 people, but wondering if anyone else will be hanging out.

I'm looking for one. Buddy and I might just get some food and share a few bottles at the hotel, and take the rest to drink it line maybe?

Is 3F usually open the Friday night before for food and what not or are they closed? I love their food.

How much do bottles of Darklord go for at DLD? I ask because my boss gave me a bottle last year, and while it was a great beer, it wasn't $32 great.
37.gif
53.gif

39.gif

$20 for the regular Dark Lord beer last year.
$50 for the special variations last year.

Now, there is no singular price since it's a package deal.

I'm looking for one. Buddy and I might just get some food and share a few bottles at the hotel, and take the rest to drink it line maybe?

Is 3F usually open the Friday night before for food and what not or are they closed? I love their food.

The past 2 years I've gone the brewpub has been open the night before.

There's a large, "invite only" one by the bus depot right by the venue. that's where I was last year but the guys I went with aren't going this year. I may try to stop by anyway.

I will be at the holiday inn in schererville Friday and Saturday nights. Will bring the best stuff I have on hand. Might cab it over to another hotel where I know a few people. It's going to be a great time!

No brawling in line ... I'm out!

I'm an extreme capitalist, everything is worth what you can get for it, period. Good for 3 Floyd's and other vendors. As for me if I lived 10 miles away and it were convenient and $5 I might try it, but for the price, crowds, and scene as described (death metal meh) I wouldn't walk across the street for it.

I'm an extreme capitalist, everything is worth what you can get for it, period. Good for 3 Floyd's and other vendors. As for me if I lived 10 miles away and it were convenient and $5 I might try it, but for the price, crowds, and scene as described (death metal meh) I wouldn't walk across the street for it.

The music acts have never been much more than background noise for me. They had Big Freedia on the "F U Indiana" stage last year, maybe that's more your scene? ;)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-cT6SwFIHA[/ame]

If you plan on bringing more than 24 bottles, leave a pile in the backseat of one of the squad cars. I will make sure it finds a safe home.

In my backpack so far to drink/share there, I have:

1 Heady topper
1 Sip of Sunshine
1 Second Fiddle
1 Lawsons Super session #2
4 pack of Fat heads hop juju
1 Jackie o's oil of aphrodite
1 Willoughby Nutsmasher

I may die.

Planning on stopping at a liquor store and getting some Indiana locals for Friday night at the hotel, unless we can get tickets to 18th streets barrel aged fest.

Back