2015 AHA Governing Committee Election

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msbrewblog

Reaction score
Fellow homebrewers, I'm running in the election this year to join the AHA Governing Committee. You may see my bio here.

Voting is now open.

I led the effort that got homebrewing legalized in Mississippi in 2013. Please visit my candidate statement for more on my qualifications. There are currently no representatives on the committee from the Southeastern U.S.! Help me change that.

Thank you for your time and vote and see you in San Diego for NHC15!

Craig

You definitely seem qualified but why exactly are you running for the Governing Committee? Is there something specifically that you want to improve upon, change, or add?

Cookie?!?! I think we should get a beer. :D

I just looked the schedule for the Brewing Network interviews- I'm scheduled right after you on the same day, msbrewblog.

Good luck to you.

Isn't that sumthin, you were vote number 2. Good Luck to you too Yoop!

Isn't that sumthin, you were vote number 2. Good Luck to you too Yoop!

Thanks!

There are a lot of great candidates. I'd love to win a seat, as I think I have a lot of good ideas and skills to make some positive moves- but even if I don't, I honestly do believe that all of the candidates would do a good job and you can't go wrong with any of them. I don't know all of them in person, but I do know several of them, and they are what my momma would have called 'good people'.

One sad thing is that one of the seats is available due to the term limits of my friend Denny Conn. He has been on the GC for 9 years, and he will be a huge loss in my opinion, no matter who replaces him on the committee. He will be greatly missed.

fb0b2527c77639a084af136144dff6eab5d6b53f314198a1fb6283c263e06a31.jpg

Voted you up Yooper!

Didn't know Denny Conn was going off the GC due to term limits. True that it is sad to lose him, but term limits can be a good thing, even if not in this case.

Voted you up Yooper!

Didn't know Denny Conn was going off the GC due to term limits. True that it is sad to lose him, but term limits can be a good thing, even if not in this case.

Denny was (is) a wonderful member of the GC. He told me that it's been 9 years, so he's ready to be 'retired' from this and continue on with his books and appearances. So we'll still see him 'around' and at the NHC.

And thanks for your vote, Dave!

I just renewed my membership to vote for you and Yooper.
good luck!

Thanks Wendy!

Voting for the AHA Governing Committee election ends in a few days...if you haven't already voted for myself and Yooper, please do so! :)

The AHA's candidate statement pages have been updated with links to our Brewing Network interviews.

Thank you all!

Back