2 kettle K-Rims E-Brew (wood stand & Spike Brewing kettles)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wishingiwasfishing

Reaction score
2 kettle K-Rims E-Brew (wood stand & Spike Brewing kettles)

The system is getting close. I still need to test out the control panel and cut hoses to length. I'm going to wait to mount the pump and Therminator until I have a couple of brews under my belt, with this new system.

But, for now...I'm getting close but it's not quite ready for brew time!

brew1_zps3lkhl8gw.jpg

brew2_zpsmkbz4uys.jpg

brew5_zpsmf4dvifv.jpg

brew4_zpsejdywmrt.jpg

oh, this one just because. Homemade EdgarHorn speakers

edgarhorns_zpsdbfgayis.jpg

cheers all!

Looks great. Are those 10 or 15 gallon kettles?

Thanks. They're 10 gallon kettles. I struggled with the idea of getting 15 gallon kettles, for larger batches...but 5 gallon batches is perfect for me. I love to brew and couldn't go through 10 gallon batches quick enough...turn over would be too slow.

The DIY Auber control box tested out fine on a few tests. It took me a while to get used to making adjustments on the PID, haven't really messed with the timer yet. Some of the interlocking features seem to be nice, such as if either pump or the element button is in the on position, the unit will not power up when the power switch is turned on. I haven't tested the element yet...that'll be next.

brewery%2011_zps9sguw9z9.jpg

The DIY Auber control box tested out fine on a few tests. It took me a while to get used to making adjustments on the PID, haven't really messed with the timer yet. Some of the interlocking features seem to be nice, such as if either pump or the element button is in the on position, the unit will not power up when the power switch is turned on. I haven't tested the element yet...that'll be next.

brewery%2011_zps9sguw9z9.jpg

A picture's worth a thousand words (hint hint)

Photobucket won't allow linking pictures any more and I don't see any option for editing this older post. Can someone just delete the thread, I'll make a new one. Thanks

Back