1st time last straw use

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruint

Sipping on the big cup of life!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Going to be using the first straw beer bottle dispenser tomorrow, Checked in on the kegs, and they seem to be at an acceptable carb level, so tomorrow, I will prep some bottles to receive some of the goodness that awaits...we'll see how that goes....

Well....got some good news...and some bad news....
First off...glad I'm done bottling for a while! This was definitely a test of one's patience and willingness to succeed...I started my bottle filling with an IPA clone as I don't have the same affinity for IPA's as other styles....glad I chose this one as I wasted about a gallon of it in foam issues. It didn't matter what level of co2 I used to push with...it was just gonna be a foam mess. I have a 10 ft beer line, that I had placed in the freezer to drop temp on it, my beer keg was outdoors for 7+ hours and I think the high for today was 24 degrees F. It went outside with a temp of 50* F. I sanitized the bottles and placed them outside to cool as well...just didn't seem to ever want to fill right...
On to the next beer, which I will call chocolate banana. I had to break out the grolsch style bottles for it, because I done run out of bottle caps....haven't bottled in a while....got them sanitized and put outside at close to the same time I got the other ones out there. Didn't bother cooling the beer line down, just flushed it with some of the new beer. Bottling this one went as smooth as silk...Only thing I can think of is maybe the IPA one was a little more carbed up than the weisen bock is, which would be strange as I had them set at the same level on the regulator and they were both sitting in the same temperature. That is at least my perception when doing a taste test on them...

Back