1945 Neo Brittania second wind?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaimeTheLimey

Reaction score
Pitched a 1L starter on Sunday afternoon to a batch of Pale Ale @ 1.054 SG. Started within a few hours and was happily chugging along by morning. Krausen but no blow off.
After a few days, it had slowed but was consistent. Nothing strange for a British strain except that there is a massive yeast cake on the bottom. Last night I opened the fridge to find the krausen back and yeast in my airlock. Never had that happen before. Any of you guys use this strain yet?

Was the beer exposed to any temperature fluctuations? What temp are you fermenting at?

However, please let us know how WY1945 comes out! I have been waiting for someone to mention how it compares to other English strains like WY1968.

~68 - 70 Only fluctuation is the 3 degrees the controller is set to. Other than that it's where it wants to be.
Definitely. I've only taken one sample mid ferm and it was clean with some nice fruitiness to it. The only caveat is that I'm using some wild hops that I have no idea of the origin so there isn't much of a control factor. Will let you know how it comes out.

Latest posts

Back