• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Other $129.99 Stainless Steel Center inlet Chugger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hijack the OP thread
I know the AIH deal is a good one and I almost purchased the pumps from them, (actually brought some other stuff from them)
but the deal from brewhardware.com can't be beat anywhere: I know because I check all the web sites and stores out there
Bobby has a great price not only on the pumps but on other stuff you need for home brewing as well.
Thanks for the great deal Bobby!
I'll be back for more as I get more $$ to spend.

Ouch, $7 for the 3/4 x 1/2 reducer. I still have the pump for $132 as of today and it includes the reducer in the price.

Just ordered. Thanks! The shipping was $2 more from you but you also offered the pump kit, which makes my life easier since I am pretty lost on what I would need.

Is there any advantage to the center feed?

I wondered as well and a couple forum posters here and on some other site mentioned it was easier to prime. I can't say if that is right.

On paper, the center inlet is less likely to have cavitation issues when pumping hot wort. Once you convert to high flow diptubes, camlocks, etc, the inlet style of the pump matters a little less and I haven't had much trouble with either style.

Thanks Bobby, I knew I should have ordered when I got your newsletter, but i'm in the process of moving so it will have to wait a little while.

Really looking for an American made alternative. Still haven't heard back from March about where final assembly and head machining take place.

Is this concern even a blip on our vendor's radar?

Edit: that came out a little *****y, but serious question though. Got anything 'Merican?

^ I doubt it's a "concern". Whether either one is USA made seems to have not been a concern for all that have sold or bought them.

While I get your desire for a USA made pump, I simply don't think I personally gave it thought when it came to these. Is there a concern over material or just wanting to only have USA made products?

It would be awesome if we could all offer foreign and US made products where there was a premium but manageable price difference between the two. I don't know for sure what the price gap would be for a pump but I do know what it is for something like a simple cast/machined hose barb. Would you pay $15 for USA barb when the China version is $4? Same fit and function. Let's say I'm a staunch idealist and want to give my customers the option. I'd buy something like 2000 of the china parts and about 5 of the USA parts because that's about the ratio I'd expect to sell. You cannot operate this way and be profitable enough to stay in business.

I'm just taking a guess, but a similar 1/20th HP motor with stainless head made 100% in the USA would probably run $400.

Im not sure why American is soo good. I do realize that china made **** is hit or miss.
I have had saltwater reef tanks for the last 13yrs and have seen alot of change in equipment in that time. Japanese pumps like Iwaki were always more desireable then the American made ones as they were more quiet and had longer lasting motors.
Now days the chinese just copy an American design and make it cheaper. Some products are hit or miss as. I paid 460 bucks for a US designed and partially built overseas magnetic pump called a Vortec MP40. Then china came out with a similiar unit they sell for 80 bucks. While the 80 version doesnt have all the bells and whistles as the 460 dollar pump. At least with the chinese one when it craps out its only another 80 to replace instead of having to do yearly maintance on the US verson at 130.00 a year. So far my chinese pump has lasted 14 months with Zero issues.
Most Made in America items are now designed here and built overseas.

Really looking for an American made alternative. Still haven't heard back from March about where final assembly and head machining take place.

Is this concern even a blip on our vendor's radar?

Edit: that came out a little *****y, but serious question though. Got anything 'Merican?

pretty sure almost all 304 stainless is source from China....regardless if its sold by a USA company..just deal with it...we live in a Global economy now

Ouch, $7 for the 3/4 x 1/2 reducer. I still have the pump for $132 as of today and it includes the reducer in the price.

Just placed a pump/connecting kit order with you, wish I saw your pump promo a few days ago.
I really like you offering pump connecting kits, it saves me from having to educate myself on fittings, which I find confusing.

Hey Bobby M
Can i get the discounted Pump price with the add a pump kit? Looks like the kit is normal price and not showing the discount?

Thanks

any shipping discount for HBT members?
can't blame a guy for asking....

ok ok - i just ordered it some silicon line and a bunch of connectors. Decided to pick my own cam lock assortment rather then picking the kit.
Thanks

Bobby, I had excellent service on my first order from you and will consider you highly when I order again, but I am a little disturbed but your hijacking this thread that was originated by a competitor.

Your prices and services should speak for themselves and no need to point out a competitor's shortcomings.

Bobby, I had excellent service on my first order from you and will consider you highly when I order again, but I am a little disturbed but your hijacking this thread that was originated by a competitor.

Your prices and services should speak for themselves and no need to point out a competitor's shortcomings.

Excuse me sir but the original poster was not advertising for his own business but rather linking to a totally different vendor. He doesn't sell pumps. Sometimes I forget about the appropriate tact as a vendor and when I can get people a deal I want to make sure people know about it.

I apologize for jumping to conclusions. I am still new enough here that I assumed someone starting post in the For Sale forum was selling their own merchandise. I should have thought a little more before I posted.:smack:

Latest posts

Back