12 point keg post

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epateddy

Reaction score
Getting ready to fill my first keg so I'm starting deconstruction, cleaning and replacement of the O-rings. This keg has a 12 point gas post. Is it normal for the gas tube to be attached to this kind of post? I've been reading up on cleaning kegs and have seen recommendations that you take EVERYTHING apart. But this seems to be a single piece. Thanks.

keg.jpg

One of my kegs has 12 pt posts. Its normal. You will need to poke the poppet out(the center of the post when viewed from the top). But first, seperate the tube from the post. Maybe a soak in hot water might help. Its probably just stuck, but it does come apart. There will be a tube, o-ring for the tube, poppet, post and o-ring on the post. Good luck!

Yeah, like wickman said, it's not permanently attached...the o-ring/dip tube is probably just really wedged up there. I've had a few like that where the o-ring just got really deformed over time and got really stuck on the post.

A hot Oxyclean/PBW solution would probably help move things along too. The Oxyclean should loosen any crap stuck on the post.

Latest posts

Back