12 beers later I created my label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smileyak87

Reaction score
Lol. Okay so I am starting homebrew this saturday and pick up my equipment and ingredients tomorrow. So I decided to name my brewery aka garage "sleepy dogs brewery" anyways I love this website and cant wait to have bottles upon bottles of homebrew

ForumRunner_20131016_234325.jpg

I love doing labels. They are a bit of a pain in the ass but I think it's neat to have a fridge full of bottles that don't look like Granny Clampet's elixir.

What's the cheapest most efficient way to make labels on my computer? Like what paper do you use and stuff?

I am going to use the avery 8164 peel n stick shipping labels which is what my label is formatted in already

smileyak87 said:
I am going to use the avery 8164 peel n stick shipping labels which is what my label is formatted in already

I do the same thing. On the most recent batch, I took a towel and soaked in dish soap water and pressed the sticky side to the towel before putting them on the bottles. They come off way easier that way. But I have a color laser printer...not sure how ink would hold up to that.

I have been told that using computer paper and applying the labels using milk allows them to come off without any adhesive residue. Anyone used this technique?

Bad ass pic
That's one of my babies: a Russian 91/59 Mosin Nagant, firing some old Soviet bloc surplus ammo - Hungarian, I think. Talk about slow-burning and dirty... I emptied the powder from one shell into a beer cap, lit it and wound up with a stack of carbon, like a min-version of the July 4th 'snake' pellets we used to light when I was a kid. Of course, it was meant to be used in the longer-barreled versions, not a carbine.

Here's its big brother: a 1916 M91 built by New England Westinghouse for the Czar's army, but never delivered. Someone had bubba'ed the stock, so I replaced it with a pre-WW2, Arctic birch stock from Finland

I guess I better stop hijacking the thread with gun pron.... :off: :p

That's one of my babies: a Russian 91/59 Mosin Nagant, firing some old Soviet bloc surplus ammo - from Hungary, I think. Talk about slow-burning and dirty... I emptied the powder from one shell into a beer cap, lit it and wound up with a stack of carbon, like a min-version of the July 4th 'snake' pellets we used to light when I was a kid. Of course, it was meant to be used in the longer-barreled versions, not a carbine.

http://s32.photobucket.com/user/troybytheriver/media/090.jpg.html

Here's its big brother: a 1916 M91 built by New England Westinghouse for the Czar's army, but never delivered. Someone had bubba'ed the stock, so I replaced it with a pre-WW2, Arctic birch stock from Finland

http://s32.photobucket.com/user/troybytheriver/media/DSC00119-1.jpg.html

I guess I better stop hijacking the thread with gun pron.... :off: :p

I'm alaskan so of course I love guns lol. No concelaed carry permit required and can drive 5 minutes from my house to an "alaska style" shooting range lol

Latest posts

Back