• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 10-gallon SS Brewtech TC Kettle, Whirlpool Valve, and Camlock quick disconnect fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EarlyAmateurZymurgist

Reaction score
I built 5 and 3-gallon brew houses when I re-entered the hobby in 2020 after a four-year hiatus. Three gallons seems to be the sweet spot for me, so I parting with my five gallon setup. For sale here is the kettle. It is excellent low-use condition. I am asking $175.00, firm. The kettle alone currently sells for $299.00 and the whirlpool valve assembly is currently selling for $47.95, so I am asking for half of what it would cost to purchase this setup new. This sale is local pickup, cash and carry. I am located in Central Maryland.

Attachments

• 20211209_114734.jpg
    20211209_114734.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
  • 20211209_114906.jpg
    20211209_114906.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 29
Is it true 5-gallons, or a bit more? I tend to do it was a 6 gallon batch so I get a full 5-gallon keg fill.

It is a 10-gallon kettle. I have always made 5-gallon (kegged volume) batches using a 10-gallon kettle because I start with 7 to 8 gallons of runoff from my lauter tun.

@EarlyAmeteurZymurgist, Archi77 is interested, and I would like to be a backup, but we aren't able to PM you. Maybe your account settings would need it to be adjusted? Maybe in "Privacy" adjust "Allow Users to.... Start conversations with you" from "nobody" to "members" if that is the case.

Or maybe you could start the PM conversation yourself? We are both very interested, so I think you could sell your kettle quickly if you still want to.

Well it’s not letting me send the PM. I’d like both the kettle and the igloo you have listed.

Disregard. Just noticed the title says 10-gallon. I swear I’m not drinking yet! PM forthcoming.

I am selling a 10-gallon kettle and a 10-gallon mash tun, not a 10-gallon system. As you know, a10-gallon system requires at least a 15-gallon, preferably a 20-gallon kettle. One can mash lower gravity 10-gallon batches in a 10-gallon cooler, but doing so is going to place an upper limit on the amount of grain one can use. I also built a scaled down version of the mash tun I have for sale using the same hardware, a 5-gallon Igloo industrial cooler, and a 9" AiH slotted false bottom that I use for 3-gallon batches (actually 3.5 gallons at the end of boil to allow for kettle and fermentation vessel losses).

I am sorry about the inability to PM. I left the hobby for several years and turned off all notifications from this site. The site was also updated during that time, so things are not where they used to be. I should be able to receive PMs now.

Back