10 gallon coolers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwmarach

Reaction score
So I've been crusing looking into AG setups and am trying to ease into it financially. I found some 10 gallon rubber maid coolers online here. I ordered two last night with shipping came to just under $20.00. We'll see if it's the real deal. I just thought others might be interested seeing as how Lowe's and HD are about $50.

Not sure how they're able to sell those at such a low price, but congrats on what looks like an amazing deal.

You'll be glad you went with the 10G cooler too. Some people chose to go the 5G route due to space or cost and have regretted it the first time they went to make a 5 gallon batch of IPA or larger.

Again, congrats.

I think if you look closely, you'll see that you are not going to get your coolers in the mail. The item number and item description in the bottom of the ad indicate that this item is JUST the spigot assembly!

The guys you ordered from have the entire cooler under a different heading for $55 and change:

http://www.houtzdalehardware.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=502006

You may want to call and cancel your order!

Damn, if that aint misleading! Priced so low it's hard to believe. The f****** disapointment when two valves show up in the mail...pissed I'd be!

wilserbrewer said:
Damn, if that aint misleading! Priced so low it's hard to believe. The f****** disapointment when two valves show up in the mail...pissed I'd be!

Surely if a product is advertised at a price and then you order it, is not the vendor obliged to supply? That's how it works on this side of the pond.

Their mistake, your gain.

Make sure you get a screen-grab of that page as evidence.

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't been on since I last posted. I'll give'm a call and see what I can get done. That's why I thought I would post it to see if I missed something. With it only being $20 not a terrible loss. Nothing has shown up yet, but I'm going to have to call tomorrow.

You'll love your coolers when you get them. I used 10 gallon gott coolers for years with great results. Best piece of advice- give them a good 10 or 15 minutes soak with hot water right before using them, otherwise you will find your temp drops precipitously after you've doughed in as the cooler absorbs heat from your grain and water.

I used to decoct some of the mash and boil it, then mix it back in for mash out.

Latest posts

Back