1 Gallon Keg question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppyhoppyhippo

Reaction score
Well technically 5 liters. I brew small batches and have mused at ways I can change up my serving. It's a bit of a pain to bottle when you brew small batches, your yields are pretty low.

Anyway I found a good deal on one of those mini-keg kegerators and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience using them with homebrew.

As I understand it because they're built for pressurized kegs, I will probably need an adapter but I can come up with something or just cave in and buy the adapter kit.

There's a few reasons this appeals to me. First I could put keg carb several 1 gallon kegs, and just put a new one in drink it for a few days then cold crash the next and go from there.Second is I can't think of another way that I can pull this off. I'd need something small (countertop essentially) that refrigerates. I'm not sure what other options I have in that realm. I've been looking into options here and nothing is really coming off as attractive to me aside from getting a mini-kegerator and figuring out how to work with the flaws of it.(heard they have issues with sealing sometimes and can leak CO2 and things like that)

SOmeday I hope to have th espace to have a proper rig and kegerator but in the mean time I'm just looking for something to make my life a little easier.

Thanks for the tip. I'll check through the thread. I'm more concerned personally about the refrigeration aspect but I'm hoping someone addresses that past the first page. I've even debated on more or less getting the mini-kegerator for the fridge purpose, and installing a different tap system as well.

Latest posts

Back