0 carb in my beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

te3b0r

Reaction score
I made a ESB and a Nut Brown ale and didnt use enough dextrose so they have 0 carb now. They have been sitting at 70 degrees for 2 months and no progress has happened. Can I open them and try to either a) add some more dextrose or b) add more yeast?

+1 to the above I use Coopers Crab Drops. I would give it a try. I would sanatize tweezers and use them to put the drops in.

Ramitt said:
For a minute I thought you had brewed the ultimate diet beer, not a flat one.

LOL I wish and one day 1 day... muhahaha

Thanks for the advice. I thought I could add sugar tabs just wasn't 100% sure. Last time I measure using Mr Beer instructions and drinking at the same time and glad it was my last 2 Mr Beer kits!

Careful, though - you might just have uneven carbonation. Some may be flat ad others may be highly carbed. Try pulling a bottle from the back of the shelf and see if it has any carbonation. If you put a carb tab into beer that is already carbonated, you'll have a fountain on your hands.

JonM said:
Careful, though - you might just have uneven carbonation. Some may be flat ad others may be highly carbed. Try pulling a bottle from the back of the shelf and see if it has any carbonation. If you put a carb tab into beer that is already carbonated, you'll have a fountain on your hands.

Thanks for the heads up shook them all up and flat as a board

Back