Seeking advice for wiring an electric motor to rotate CW or CCW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hedo-Rick

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Molon #EMR-63-1 motor for a whirlpool chiller project I am working on and need some help getting the motor to consistently start CW or CCW.

I want to try cooling one batch with the wort spinning CW, and another spinning CCW to see if the wort will cool quicker either direction.

I wired the motor to reclaimed power cord...red to black, white to white, green to green and the blue (on the motor) not used. It runs just fine but starts in different directions. The motor was also shipped with two start capacitors. I pretty much have no experience with this, so I was wondering if someone could help me with what I need to do to get the motor to consistently start either CW or CCW?

Below is a link to the motor. I can also provide photos or try to answer any question you have that would help you help me.

Thank you in advance!

http://www.herbach.com/Merchant2/me...&Product_Code=TM89MTR5758/C&Category_Code=MTR

Back