Stainless Steel Floating Lid Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CiderJoel

Reaction score
Greetings!
Cider maker here. I'm looking for a new air-tube ("bladder") that goes around the edge of a floating lid, inside a stainless steel fermenting tank. Can anyone recommend a company that would have various sizes available for sale on the internet?
Thanks muchly.
CiderJoel

OOH! Thank you! It's not a Spidel... but the floating lid gaskets at that link look like exactly what I need! My tank is Italian, not German, but those gaskets look right anyway. I was looking for "floating lid stainless steel tanks" instead of "variable volume..." -- you nailed it. Thanks again!

You know, as I look at these gaskets, and especially their prices, and knowing the older ones were made of some kind of "rubber", it makes me wonder if a good old fashioned rubber bicycle inner-tube would do the trick (assuming the fit could be correct around the rim. It's basically the same shape. I might need to pose this in the 'science' forum of this site... but here, I pose it in this thread too. Would a properly washed and fitted inner tube leach undesirable stuff into a batch?

^ Don't know for certain, but whenever I've torn down a tire to replace an inner tube the whole works carried a profound rubber stench. I wouldn't take the chance of conveying any bit of that to a batch of brew...

Cheers!

Back