Zymoferm Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dttk0009

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with this brand?

One of the online home brew stores here in Germany carries Zymoferm yeast (as the sole distributor I believe), but I was curious if anyone's made any experience with them.

Their yeast is fairly cheap compared to the usual alternatives (Safale, WL, Wyeast, etc.), with the liquid strains going for around 30% less.

Their selection seems to focus mostly on German styles and they do offer quite a few different Hefe strains, including "Breslauer Schöps", which is apparently for a strain brewed in former Silesia (today's Poland).

They do also have a variety of dry yeasts, among them "Kingdom Ale", "Best West USA" and "Top n Bottom", which is supposedly a versatile lager and ale yeast.

Kingdom%20Ale.jpg

Would be interesting to hear anyone's experiences with them. I'll probably be trying their stuff out fairly soon (after my next two batches) given that it's cheaper and seemingly unexplored homebrew territory. :D

I'm in Germany as well. Let me know how they turn out. Would rather have you experiment than me! LOL

I got a packet of the English Ale yeast "Kingdom Ale" sitting in the fridge now. Might brew something with it in a bit, maybe a mild. ^^

Back