Zinf kit question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tchuklobrau

Reaction score
I am working on a white zinfendel kit with my buddy, it is both of our 1st wine. Had a og of 1.080 which was in guidelines for the kit. went to carboy in spec, now we took our 1st reading 2day and if it is the same 2morrow directions say we add other stuff then. gravity 2day was .992 to both of us it tasted waaaay dry for a zinf. stupid directions are very vague, there is however another bag of juice as well as some other stuff to add. Now trying to get my head around this, one thing is a fining agent, I think one thing stops the yeast from further fermentation and the juice will be a sweet back(i hope thats the right term). sorry for the length. now the question isthis, if all i just stated is correct will the juice pack that is left take some of the dryness out of it?

Back-sweetening, but yes, that is what is in the bag. Its generally called an F-pack.

I just use the chart on my hydrometer to get ABV, but I think your formula is right.

Latest posts

Back