Zero signs of bottle conditioning.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jako

Reaction score
Almost a week in the bottles and I opened one up just to see how things are going.. I always do this. It was 100% flat. So I walked into the basement to check the bottles. The yeast at the bottom is completely loose. Any ideas?

I did two 5 gallon batches and the other one is already carbonated. So something is wrong.

" Basement " is most probably the culprit. Bottle carbonation is achived in 7-14 days with the proper amount of priming sugar and temps. around 70-72F. ( this is for low-medium gravity beers for up to 8-9% )

Higher gravity beers will take longer and most probably will benefit for a small addition of yeast at bottling.

Winter has arrived and your basement is probably cooler now, possibly cool enough to put the yeast to sleep. Bring the bottles somewhere warmer for a week and try again.

Winter has arrived and your basement is probably cooler now, possibly cool enough to put the yeast to sleep. Bring the bottles somewhere warmer for a week and try again.

thanks all for the quick response, last night i moved the bottles up to the main floor and place the bottles next to the air vents. lets see how it goes i rolled the bottles to rouse the yeast also.

Is the temperature you measured in your basement at eye level or on the floor. I'll bet the floor would be way too cool to get any carbonation.

Latest posts

Back