Yup, It's Another Coffin Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustinboyd

Reaction score
I've been working on a Keezer for some time, since August. I have basic woodworking skills, but nothing to make it look like some of the other Keezers on here. In person, I notice a lot of the blemishes - the miters aren't perfect, I had to fill nail holes on the exterior, etc...but it looks decent. I don't have any pics of the inside yet. The freezer itself is alot smaller (7.x cu ft) than the shell - I have room on each side of it for two CO2 tanks, a Nitrogen tank, and the temp controller and electricals.

The middle tap will be a stout faucet, it's on backorder right now. I stole most all of my ideas from here, this site has been a huge help. The bottom of the inside is PVC base with wire shelving on top for the kegs to sit on. I may use a bilge fan to circulate air through the PVC but I don't have one hooked up yet. I do have a bilge fan at the bottom with a PVC pipe going up to the coffin for coffin cooling. It cools the coffin to the exact temp as the freezer, but I only have it to run on the freezer cooling cycle as to not burn the fan out. The coffin goes back to room temp when the fan isn't running, I'm not sure how I want to handle that yet.

I have 3 regular size kegs and two 2.5 gal kegs on the hump. One of the 2.5 gal kegs is root beer, so I have 4 beers on tap.

What I love most is my digital taplist on the back. It's actually just an old laptop I had sitting around, opened flat and mounted to the back of the coffin. The taplist is just a photoshop image I made to look like a chalkboard. I set the background of the laptop to this image and hid all of the icons and start menu. I just edit it when I change beers.

I am looking for ideas - I now have a functioning laptop hooked up to my keezer, what else can I use it for besides my taplist display? It feels like such a waste having it there and not using it for much (although it was just sitting in a box for the last 6-7 years). I play pandora from it, and I can use it as a satellite TV as I just stream my satellite channels from DISH Anywhere. I have a wireless keyboard and mouse so I don't have to remove it when I use it. What else could it be useful for?

Now for the pics...

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image5.jpg

image6.jpg

image7.jpg

That's a sharp looking Keezer. I like the idea of the laptop. I just took delivery an hour ago of my supplies to do mine. (2 kegs, taps, regulator,etc....) I hope to start my build soon.
Good luck with yours.

:mug:

Back