Your Mother Brews!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YourMother

Reaction score
So, I've been reading up on home brewing for a while and I went out this afternoon to pick up some homebrew equipment. Tomorrow is my first brew day and I'm working on a modified IPA kit.

I'll post some progress as it happens, but any advice to a new brewer would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Your Mother

Hi Mother! Welcome and best wishes.

If you look at the beginners and extract forums, there are some really great sticky threads at the top of each forum which will probably help you a lot.

Have fun tomorrow - don't stress about it, it's just beer!

Congratulations on taking the first step towards what will become your new obsession. Oh, and welcome to the forum. There are some very knowledgable people on this forum, and we are very friendly, so don't be afraid to ask questions. Oftentimes you will get a response within minutes, so even if you have an emergency mid-brew question, you will most likely get some sort of response. Have fun brewing tomorrow.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll try and post as I work.

I'm shooting for a very bitter IIPA but I'll be happy if tastes like Natty Light for my first time around.

Wish me luck.

Your Mother

Ma, I told you, if you want some beer I'll bring you some.
PTN

You ain't never home noways! Ever'time I wanna beer you're out with them hoodlum friends 'a yours and I gotta git down to the Piggly Wiggly m'self!

I'm brewin' m'own damn beer!

Your Mother

Welcome to HBT! - Are you married? If so your hubby will be calling you his Alewife! Lucky Man!
I know that's a fish but it sounds cool! :rockin:

Take your time before you crack that first beer. Wait about 3 weeks for it to be well carbonated in the bottle. Then chill it 24 hours and crack it open.

You will feel like Tom Hanks in Castaway when he makes his first fire. Immense Pride!

Cheers!
:mug:

Welcome to HBT Mother!

We have a few mothers here to try to keep these guys in line. (No, I don't mean THAT kind of mother, although we have some of those too. :D)

The important thing to remember is not to panic if something doesn't go like you think it should. Lots of folks panic and do something silly to "correct" a mistake and end up with their solution being worse than the mistake. It is really hard to mess up beer.

The other piece of advice is check in here if you think your instructions sound wonky. Many of the instructions that come with kits give bad advice to new brewers.

The first beer is always very exciting. Have fun and let us know if you run into any difficulties.

Welcome to HBT Mother!

We have a few mothers here to try to keep these guys in line. (No, I don't mean THAT kind of mother, although we have some of those too. :D)

The important thing to remember is not to panic if something doesn't go like you think it should. Lots of folks panic and do something silly to "correct" a mistake and end up with their solution being worse than the mistake. It is really hard to mess up beer.

The other piece of advice is check in here if you think your instructions sound wonky. Many of the instructions that come with kits give bad advice to new brewers.

The first beer is always very exciting. Have fun and let us know if you run into any difficulties.

Unless I missread the first post in this poster's OTHER thread;

This is my first brew day ever. Wife and kid just left the house and I'm beginning the setup and sanitizing processes now.

I think YouMother is really a dood, or a woman in a committed Lesbian relationship. :D

Either way welcome :mug:

Unless I missread the first post in this poster's OTHER thread;

I think YouRMother is really a dood, or a woman in a committed Lesbian relationship. :D

Either way welcome :mug:

His/her profile is saying that he's a she... It defaults to female right???

Revvy - To make things more confusing this should be her avatar if she becomes a paying member!!!

amd_billy-mays.jpg

Just strolling through the forums, reading, enjoying a brew. Come across this one and LMAO. It has the potential of being as good as the "Guess What I'm Building This Weekend." I'm going to venture out on a limb here and guess that Revvy and Yoop are related and OP is there mother? Twins, seperated at birth?

What's wrong with you guys? Of course Mom is a female! She and Dad got married back in 1956. Dad is definately a guy, I've seen him naked. So no more questioning if my Moms is a carpetmuncher or I'm going to open up a can of whoopass on somebody!

PTN

Back