Young rookie from Melbourne, Australia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brozo

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My name's Richard, a student, just 20 years old, apparently I'd be too young to legally drink in the US. I've developed an appreciation for good beer over the last year or so and when I heard a friend of mine brewed his own it sparked my interest.

That was just weeks ago. I did one all-in-one extract batch which was sold with the rest of my brewing equipment as a bit of a test run (using baker's yeast since the brewing yeast went missing haha) before moving into my first AG BIAB batches, which are still in their fermenters.

Being from oz, I've been having a bit of trouble trying to understand the different units used on this site (especially degrees Fahrenheit, argh), but I'll try my best to get used to it!

i usually google the conversion.

if you have an android phone, there are apps like brewer's friend that will do conversions for you. also, u.s. gallons, and litres are slightly different. I have a Fahrenheit and celsius thermometer, because being in England, and being from the states, i just like to see both in all i do just to keep the conversion in my head.

but as a standard. 68f is = 20c 212f =100c 32f=0c

good luck, and have fun.

Back