You never forget your first …

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Volleyhart

Reaction score
Brew. Your first brew. What did you think I was talking about?!

Greetings from VA. First-time brewer, decided to jump in after knowing it would be a hobby *some day*. This site is đź’Ż, SO MUCH useful info! Looking forward to learning.

First batch is in the bottle. Went with an IPA to wet the whistle, we’ll see soon!

Welcome!
What did you think I was talking about?!
I thought you were starting a thread of the sort "continue the phrase".
Like, You never forget your first...

And then everyone adds:
... brew
... kitchen mess
... competition prize
and so on.

My immediate answer was:
...exploding bottle bomb.

I remember the first time I got her all warmed up and ready. I didn't even own a wort chiller back then. Good times.

Batch #1 for me was an American wheat kit from Northern Brewer. I bought it with my brewery kit that was also from them back in 2012. A Bayou Classic burner, 5 gallon kettle was all I had at that time. I scorched the LME because I forgot to turn off the burner when adding it. Bottles came from Redhook's ESB and Brown Ale beers (can't find them much anymore in my area :( )The beer looked like a brown ale, but tasted amazing! I still have the bucket from that kit.

Lots of good memories from those days. Sundays were spent binge watching BrewingTV and drinking Redhook, figuring what I wanted to brew the following Saturday. This June will be 10 years since getting into the lifestyle (as @bracconiere puts it).

Welcome to the forum, and yes I remember my first HB beer… the style, the flaws and how I anxiously checked it everyday and carefully moved through the steps and tasted it along the way.

Batch #1 for me was an American wheat kit from Northern Brewer. I bought it with my brewery kit that was also from them back in 2012. A Bayou Classic burner, 5 gallon kettle was all I had at that time. I scorched the LME because I forgot to turn off the burner when adding it. Bottles came from Redhook's ESB and Brown Ale beers (can't find them much anymore in my area :( )The beer looked like a brown ale, but tasted amazing! I still have the bucket from that kit.

Lots of good memories from those days. Sundays were spent binge watching BrewingTV and drinking Redhook, figuring what I wanted to brew the following Saturday. This June will be 10 years since getting into the lifestyle (as @bracconiere puts it).
That read like a trip down memory lane

Back