You know your palate is respected when...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green_bierz

Reaction score
Your local high end Italian restaurant/ bar asks you to come sample a 15.00 dollar per liquid ounce of some wine byproduct made distilled spirit. Not gonna lie. My tastes lie in beer but this stuff had some amazing oak notes coming from the aroma and off the back side. Ranting? Yes. But this is what I love :)

Personally I've never had wine or anything made from grapes worth $15 a bottle. Cool that you got to taste it though. It's more cool that you got asked to do that.

To finish your sentence- I met by chance I guy from this forum at a beer festival. We hung out for a while (super nice guy- Zamial) and then he sort of followed me and he said, "I want to see what you drink, and what you taste, and see if I can taste the same thing". It was fine with me (again, a super nice guy, and we had a great time!). I don't know if he learned anything or not, except that I'm hyperactive and you'd better RUN if you want to keep up!

Yooper said:
To finish your sentence- I met by chance I guy from this forum at a beer festival. We hung out for a while (super nice guy- Zamial) and then he sort of followed me and he said, "I want to see what you drink, and what you taste, and see if I can taste the same thing". It was fine with me (again, a super nice guy, and we had a great time!). I don't know if he learned anything or not, except that I'm hyperactive and you'd better RUN if you want to keep up!

I'd follow you around too!

Pretty cool story. How do they know you?

I've been coming in since they opened. I've brought a couple beers into the restaurant that the owner wanted to check out since he heard that I brew. They took a liking to my beers and respected all the craft brews that I requested they throw on tap. So it's been a good place to sit, talk beer and other various bull**** and listen to some good jams. We need to start a meet up over there to sit and drink.

Oh, my- we would have a great time together, wouldn't we!?!? Beer, more beer, music, beer, and then some more beer. We'd be a dangerous combo! :D

Okay, i'll bite. How did someone you hadn't met before recognize you? Did you wear a shirt that said, "I'm Yooper, and you're not? I'm just sayin'...

Okay, i'll bite. How did someone you hadn't met before recognize you? Did you wear a shirt that said, "I'm Yooper, and you're not? I'm just sayin'...

Haha, no I had met the guy before.

But it does happen, and I've "met" people who recognized me and stopped and said hello. I love that! I was hanging out in Philadelphia at the NHC, and got the chance to meet quite a few new people who approached me. I have no idea how they knew who I was, but they seemed to.

Green Bierz likes it when his palette is respected. On a number of occasions I have enjoyed the opposite. After my neighbor a lifelong teetotaler died at 84, we found in his cellar an unopened bottle of whiskey. The label was mostly illegible We think it belonged to his father who died in 1962. Someone said Bill will try anything! It was the best whiskey I've ever had.

vtfireman85 said:
Green Bierz likes it when his palette is respected. On a number of occasions I have enjoyed the opposite. After my neighbor a lifelong teetotaler died at 84, we found in his cellar an unopened bottle of whiskey. The label was mostly illegible We think it belonged to his father who died in 1962. Someone said Bill will try anything! It was the best whiskey I've ever had.

That's cool man! Did you save any of this dead man whiskey???

Then you proceeded to tell everyone how horrible it was and that you would take it home for proper disposal...right??

Back