You guys are awesome!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

13ONK

Reaction score
Made up my account and figured I'd come say hi.

I've been viewing the forums since I started brewing near the beginning of this year and have learned so much. This site really is the best place for information and the community is very supportive.

My friend is an avid brewer and got me started doing all grain batches, skipped right over the extract brewing phase. I'm actually going to brew my first extract next week. Got the firestone walker pale 31 kit coming from morebeer. I decided to go extract since I haven't had much luck with their "milled" grains. I need to get a mill next...

I'm doing 5 gallon batches and they go into my kegs. So far I've built up a MLT out of a 40qt cooler from home depot for my setup. I've gotten a chest freezer and mini fridge with temp controllers to make some consistent brews. I've even lagared a couple, but my last one had a bit of diacetyl since I waited to long before doing the rest. For the most part I like hoppy ales, but I also like experimenting. The lagar that has the diacetyl is a Pumpkin Lagar, I've also done an apricot amber ale. I've made mistakes, but so far everything has come out delicious. Pretty much all the information for my builds, setup, and a lot of recipes, have come from this site.

Anyways, I love this hobby and this is my goto site for information. You guys are awesome. :rockin:
Cheers!

Edited for spelling :drunk:

I live in Sacramento as well. If you're just getting into it I will give you the skinny on the LHBSs in the area, and a few of the better taprooms nearby as well. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

no!

who-s-awesome.jpg

Back