Yoopers Blackberry wine substitute??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3Brothers

Reaction score
Ok, we have a question about Yoopers Blackberry wine recipie, which hopefully Yooper herself will answer but...theres alot to do on a website so....

The recipie is for a 1gal. batch.
Question 1. Does anyone brew 1 gal. batches of wine? or is this just a base figure for upsizing to your desired amount?

Also the recipie calls for 4lbs of blackberries.
Question 2. If I wanted to use Yoopers recipie, but use this-

http://www.countrywines.com/product_detail.asp?category=44&product={B0516D19-E96C-46D4-B1D7-3F76BE6AFDA3}

-fruit, how much should I use?

I make one gallon batches all the time but fewer now than when I first began several years ago. The reason for one gallon batches is so you can experiment and not waste money and ingredients on a 5-gallon batch only to find you don't like the wine. After a while, though, you can pretty much tell by looking at a recipe or ingredient whether you're going to like a wine and a one gallon batch, which makes five bottles of wine that takes a year or more to mature, just isn't enough. Also, if you have limited ingredients, such as a small amount of home grown berries, one gallon sizes make sense.

For your 96 oz can of concentrate you should just go ahead and make a 3 or 5 gallon batch, depending upon the size of your carboy.

Latest posts

Back