Yooper Dead Guy clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
Our dearest Yooper sent me some brew which included her Dead Guy clone. I had been waiting to sample it, letting it settle and chill, and for my plate to clear so I could give it its due. It was worth the wait. I split the bomber with my SWMBO and we both enjoyed it completely.

It is very much like the original - malty with a supporting bitterness. The color was a rich amber, the noise a bit roasty, the palate full, with light esters and subtle hops. It had full carbonation, more then I generally use but nice for bringing out the balanced aroma.

I have had Yooper's creations before and trusted that her offerings would be well crafted and worth the drinking. This was the best yet and really showed how much she has been paying attention around these parts. Congrats Yooper and thank you for the gifts.

I will be writing up the IPA when I have time to give it a worthy sampling - Two-Hearted clone - you got to love those Centennials!

Our dearest Yooper sent me some brew which included her Dead Guy clone. I had been waiting to sample it, letting it settle and chill, and for my plate to clear so I could give it its due. It was worth the wait. I split the bomber with my SWMBO and we both enjoyed it completely.

It is very much like the original - malty with a supporting bitterness. The color was a rich amber, the noise a bit roasty, the palate full, with light esters and subtle hops. It had full carbonation, more then I generally use but nice for bringing out the balanced aroma.

I have had Yooper's creations before and trusted that her offerings would be well crafted and worth the drinking. This was the best yet and really showed how much she has been paying attention around these parts. Congrats Yooper and thank you for the gifts.

I will be writing up the IPA when I have time to give it a worthy sampling - Two-Hearted clone - you got to love those Centennials!

Wow- thanks for the nice words! Sorry about the overcarbonation. I've been using the "Biermuncher's bottle filler" method, and still trying to make sure that it doesn't foam, but has adequate carbonation. I'm glad you and your wife enjoyed it.

You know it just occurred to me that you also sampled one of my very first "real" (not Beer Machine, or kit beers) beers way back when. I know it was an extract beer, but you gave it a go and gave some helpful feedback. I'm glad I have grown enough (with your help, and others around here) that I can send you some beers that are worthy!

Thanks again for the kind words. And the centennials!

I did not mean to imply that it was over-carbonated, just fully carbonated, definitely within the style parameters. Jamil says it is good to have beers on the high side if you are going to compete.

Back