Yo from NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolcats

Reaction score
Wanted to say hi, and thank everyone for helping out noobs like me.

I'm 29 living in the Lower East Side. Definitely not a convenient city to home brew.

New to brewing with just 4 batches to date. (APA, Double IPA, AIPA and last one done this weekend a Citra smash IPA).

Anyone else in my area?

Welcome to the community from CT! Grew up in the burbs of NYC and have family that live in the city so I understand your space constraints!

Congrats on your brews! How did they come out?

Thanks for the greetings,

Well I only tasted the first, and it was decent but made a lot of mistakes during the process. I'm doing 1 gallon batches until a nail consistently every step.

The second was botteld last friday, third is currently dry hopping with chinook and citra. Yes i did 4 batches in 5 weeks, but it's so fun to do!!!

Since I got a refractometer, I've been hitting my FG spot on (on my 2 last batches). I feel like my last one to date will be awesome, did a 45 min hopstand with almost 1oz at 170F.. the aromas are huge :)

Welcome.

In case you don't know, the refractometer reading won't be right for FG - the alcohol throws it off. There are correction calculators, but I've read that they aren't very accurate - I don't know from personal experience. Congrats on your first batches.

Welcome to HBT. Lots of good people with years of brewing experience.
enjoy.

Welcome.

In case you don't know, the refractometer reading won't be right for FG - the alcohol throws it off. There are correction calculators, but I've read that they aren't very accurate - I don't know from personal experience. Congrats on your first batches.

Oops agreed... I meant OG

Thanks everyone! :tank:

Back