Yet to brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 163849

Reaction score
But I have been reading and getting ready to give it a go.

I have purchased a basic kit and taken advantage of some of the DIY articles here. I found an old coil of 3/8 inch copper tubing that had been laying around for many many years and I manged to mangle that into an immersion chiller like shape, we will see how that works out.

Next I installed a ball valve in the 40 quart stock pot that I plan to use.

And since the stock pot did not fit the only outdoor burner around here and the stove is electric I ordered and received a bayou classic sq14 burner, which I found to be a bit too close to the floor. So I welded up some angle iron legs for the burner and a wind guard/shield as well. Still need to get out there and weld the legs to the burner. Paint will wait till I have used the burner in case I find the need for more welding/mods.

Looks like the time to get started on brewing that first batch of brown ale is rapidly approaching.:mug:
BurnerMods.jpg

Nice job with the DIYs. That's how I started as well. Build your mash tun, when you go all grain. Build a stir plate for $15. It's not only awesome on the pocket, but you learn everything about your equipment.

Good luck on your brown ale. Warning. It will come out ok and you will become obsessed.

Prost

Back