Yet another yeast question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guidos858

Reaction score
I did a partial mash receipe for Dave's Kickass Dark Ale which I got off the receipes page of this site !! Never done one before and this is my 3rd batch. Had fun with it. Made a couple mistakes but all in all I felt pretty good about the process.

So facts: The receipe predicted og 1.052. their batch came out 1.062. Their pred. FG 1.012 actual 1.010. Mine came out 1.055 think I lost some in the partial mash. I would say my efficiency was prob 65% didn't take a reading, should have. My fg right now as it sits after 6 days is at 1.016. I used a dry yeast us 5. I read the package and it said to pitch directly into the wort. It even printed it in 2 languages !! So I directly pitched the yeast. I've been really studying this forum and I feel like I'm admitting a mortal sin !!!

So my question is..should I pitch a second round of a different yeast to "finish the job" or if I just left it, the yeast that's left will finish up? Oh the bubbles coming out of the airlock are coming out at one a minute.

Back