Yet another Pennsylvanian saying hi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisholst

Reaction score
Howdy all-

I've been reading and occasionally posting as cdh at the babblebelt, B3, NB and the green board for a few years now, and now I've found homebrewtalk too. I'm located outside of Philadelphia, and Keystone is my LHBS for those in the neighborhood.

I've been brewing since about 1993, and am not a hophead. I've never brewed an IPA, and probably never will. I'm more of a belgian kind of guy who lets the yeast do the talking, and I am not a member of the cult of the crisp clean beer. I've never used 1056, 001 or US-05, as I've been afraid of making boring beer with no yeast character.

I put my years of brewing to use when I put together the Homebrewing for the Absolute Beginner course for the foodies over on eGullet.org. (be prepared for lots more heresy over there if you're a hophead beer clean freak) One of the folks who took that class pointed out HBT to me for the first time.

Glad to be here, and looking forward to participating in the hijinx here.

Welcome! :mug:

Used to live up in your neck of Penn's Woods. I'm not a hop-head either... more of a balance-head... but I still like all kinds of beer, except the tasteless kind. Plenty of PA brewers on here!

Latest posts

Back