yet another pac man thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryank

Reaction score
So I got a couple of bottles of bad Rogue and emailed them to let them know where I got them. In the letter I mentioned that I was harvesting some pacman yeast (hoping they'd send me some lol) and when I got the response letter the guy did mention this:

FYI – if you are trying to harvest Pacman – my advice would be to use Shakespeare Stout or Mocha Porter, these beers are unfiltered and a better source of yeast!

Just thought I'd share

and then I went to the homebrew store and saw that they actually had some of the wyeast packs and bought two

PacMan is awesome - I think. I just brewed my first batch with it, an IPA w/ OG 1.061. It's at 1.007, day 8, and still going. At this point, my only concern is it may actually get a little too dry. It is an IPA, though.......

I've spoken to others who have used it, and the consensus is that it is one of the more aggressively attenuating strains out there. I'm at REAL attenuation of about 71%, and still going....

wow, what temp are you fermenting at? it's pretty cold where I plan on fermenting, the lowest its gotten this winter has been 63 but averages around 67

We took another reading today, looks like 1.007 will be the FG unless it takes off again.

It's inside in a closet, sitting around 66-67.

My mash wasn't perfect, I tried for 153 think it was actually more like 152 - so yeah, I'm worried it's gonna be a little too dry......but we'll see!

We took another reading today, looks like 1.007 will be the FG unless it takes off again.

It's inside in a closet, sitting around 66-67.

My mash wasn't perfect, I tried for 153 think it was actually more like 152 - so yeah, I'm worried it's gonna be a little too dry......but we'll see!

Yeah, worry upon worries. It's gonna be good stuff. Be cool, dude. :D

Back