Yet another new brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdsullivan

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

So I've been brewing for a few months now (this is my second go-round after being given a Mr. Beer and being unimpressed God knows how long ago) and I've been reading this forum for awhile. All I have to say is, you guys kick ass.

For now, I'm working with extracts and the occasional specialty grain, and I'm just about to get started on my first batch of apfelwein after a friend let me try some of his... and I realized that it might be the crack of alcoholic drinks. Seriously, I'm addicted. Please help.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for all the advice you guys have given out. It's been invaluable.

I'm not new to this, but feel your pain about Mr. Beer. In past have done several of them and come to the conclusion that Mr. beer is doing a dis service to home brew. They use cheap stuff but charge you a lot. Try any number of kit beers form any good home brew supplier.

Yeah, I was definitely not impressed at all with the Mr. Beer. I think I used it maybe 3 or 4 times and then got rid of it.

Back