Yet another Michigander!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niteshyft

Reaction score
Hello, hello. Name is Josh, I started brewing about 2-3 months ago along with my best friend and another. We've just used kits so far, but our last batch went into a keg. It's currently carbonating, so we're still waiting on the end results :) Love the site and plan on becoming a premium member once my pocketbook recovers after buying a ton of brewing equipment!

I picked up the Michigan Beer Guide on my last trip to Hopmans and had no idea there were so many beer meet ups and breweries around this area. It's like a little slice of heaven placed in my fingertips.

Hey Josh,

I just started coming here myself. I'm in Shelby Twp. I organize a Meet-Up group in this area for lovers of craft beer. We're having a get together next weekend to brew and have a Festivus celebration. If you're interested, I'll send you a like to out site.

Depends on the weather, but I'd love to join you down there and meet some more brewers! I forgot to mention I'm up in northern Genesee County. I am sure if the weather decides to be a little nicer, my friend and I would love to make the trip. What day(s) are you planning on?

Hello, My name is Craig and I just started to brewing also. My cousin and I have done 2 batches so far. Both have been Brewers best kits. 1st batch was an oktoberfest and it tasted great. 2nd batch is an American light, it is conditioning in the bottles right now. I live in Warren and go to Kuhnhenns all the time.

Hey Craig, it seems like Michigan just has a ton of brewers popping up lately. Must be the weather keeping us inside that's bringing it out of us.

Hello, My name is Craig and I just started to brewing also. My cousin and I have done 2 batches so far. Both have been Brewers best kits. 1st batch was an oktoberfest and it tasted great. 2nd batch is an American light, it is conditioning in the bottles right now. I live in Warren and go to Kuhnhenns all the time.

welcome craig,
your in luck there is a meet this fri at dragonmead for the local hbt crew, pop your head in for a pint and learn some stuff firsthand

I just recently purchased my first beer kit and found this site be a great source of information. Good luck with your brews.

I just moved my first brew, Austin Home Brewing recipe for Belgium Pale Ale, from the primary to the secondary and was able to drink my hydrometer sample. I couldn't believe it would taste that good already. I don't know why I didn't start sooner.

Back