Yet another keezer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medicmike63

Reaction score
Finally got some pics taken of my latest project. Almost finished, need drip trays, finish the wood on the collar and to refine refine the CO2 system.

Started with a small Haier chest freezer that we hadn't been using for some time, SWMBO gave me the go ahead to convert.

Collar from fir 2x4s and faced with walnut 2x6s

Cheap temp control courtesy of Amazon, replaced the stock T-stat and fabricated a mounting plate from some plastic sheet I had laying around

Mostly completed, black appliance paint and some chalk board paint on the top.

Insulated the collar with some Reflectix and finishing the edges with aluminum tape. The circulation fan and bracket was modified from a dual 24v fan used on the printing presses that I service. All electrical connections through the collar are joined with Molex plugs for easy collar removal.

This is the donor assembly for the fan before being cut down. I used an old laptop power supply that gives me 20VDC to drive the fan.

The money shot, first pour of my first kegged homebrew. Before moving the keezer into the house. A muddled Wit, burst carbed at 30 PSI for 48 hrs and dropped back to 12 PSI serving pressure

Tap handles were shop made from dummy 50 BMG rounds by boring out and threading the primer pockets on my lathe. The extra 50 cal round on the top is a bottle opener my son gave me for Father's day, I bored out the primer pocket and used JB Weld to pot a Neodymium magnet to hold it in place on the keezer lid.

All in all I am pretty happy so far with the way things turned out :mug:

Can you please elaborate on what kind of black paint you used? And how did it turn out? Thanks
Anthony

Can you please elaborate on what kind of black paint you used? And how did it turn out? Thanks
Anthony

Turned out fine, smooth and glossy, no severe runs, used 2 cans of Ace store brand appliance paint, was the only black appliance paint I could find locally (I live in a small remote town). I have found the Ace spray paint to be a bit hit or miss so your milage may vary. :mug:

Back